Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Survey Point Group - User-defined

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cattjake
331 Views, 2 Replies

New Survey Point Group - User-defined

Morning,

Autocad civil 3d 2012

I have a survey data base created for all the points for a specific site. For these points I have created multiple user-defined properties (depth to botom of clean soil, year, boring type, boring log, etc.) I wanted to create a point group based off these user defined properties, so I went into the manage extended properties and added them to the point group properties. When I right click "new survey point group" the window pops up that i have attached bellow.

The issue I am running into is that although the properies show up under user-defined in the top half, down where the list of points is I can't figure out how to add user defined columns so that I can sort and select the propper points?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.zavislan
in reply to: cattjake

I don't think you can display user defined point properties in the point group dialog.  I have not found a way.

You are working with two different sets of user defined properties. There are Survey Point properties and Survey Point Group properties.  These are not the same thing.  The point group properties allows you to add additional information about the point group, which is why you see them in the point group dialog.

I find that the survey database point group functions to be deficient.  It needs to have the query capabilities that are available in the drawing point groups.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
IanMcClain
in reply to: cattjake

Although you cannot see the user defined properties in the survey database point groups, you should still be able to see them in the prospector point groups if you created and imported using a custom file format that includes the UDPs.

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report