Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new non-control point

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sturner7277
207 Views, 4 Replies

new non-control point

i was wondering if anyone knew the command to add a new non control point from the survey database. i know if i right click on the network --> non control point --> new. but that is slow.

i am looking to add points to the database without having to import from the drawing, erase the points than import into the drawin just to have then linked to the survey db.

-Sean
------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a CAD Manager for a Civil Engineering firm...
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
_Hathaway
in reply to: sturner7277

Control points are established during the import survey event process. If you do not want them flagged as control points you need to uncheck the control point box during the import process. Once that is done those points are no longer classified as control points and you can insert them as needed.
Message 3 of 5
sturner7277
in reply to: _Hathaway

that is true, i need to clearify my question.

1. i want to add new points to the drawing.

2. i want the new points to be in the point database and in the drawing.

3. i do not want to create new points in the drawing, then import them to the point database, then erase the points from the drawing, then import the points i just erased back into the drawing so they are now 'protected'. i need the point database for duplicate point # checking.

i know i can lock the points or the point groups in the drawing.

-Sean
------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a CAD Manager for a Civil Engineering firm...
Message 4 of 5
_Hathaway

You can't add points to the drawing and have them be in the survey database automatically. They are two disconnected entities.

The only way to get points into the survey database is through the import survey event option.

Message 5 of 5
KirkNoonan

It depends on how you are generating the points. If you have an ascii file, you can just import that direclty into a network in the database. If you are using some sort of construction lines and snapping to endpoints, etc.. then you could create a new survey figure from those objects and then let the database generate points along the figure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report