Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New C3D User (15 year CAD user) Need to Insert shapefiles into C3D.

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
clemay
1342 Views, 22 Replies

New C3D User (15 year CAD user) Need to Insert shapefiles into C3D.

Hello C3D World. I am a new C3D User and a long time vet for ACAD.  We just purchased the the Infrastructure Design Suite Premium (IDSP) with the main goal of obtaining the AutoCAD Civil 3D software and the Storm & Sewer Analysis (SSA) that comes with it.  My boss wants me to learn the software so we can run analysis using the (SSA).  I have not had alot of time to learn the software, but I am having more time freeup to use as of late.  I also have ArcGIS and I can take the shapefiles and place them in Arc and then export to C3D, but that defeats the purpose of using the software. 

So I wanted to get your expert opinion on some good walk-thru's with good habit forming procedures when executing these tasks.

I will be in this Forum alot this week and the weeks to come to really take advantage of the main reason these Forums were set up to do.  And that is to help users like me and yourselves receive quality information and learn and benefit from.  I also love to give back and answer issues as well.  But being new to this (C3D0 software, I don't see myseld sresolving issues in this Forum anytime soon, but hopefully within a few months I can give great advice for users just like myself making the transfer.

If you need any clips or further data from my end to help with a good answer, just let me know.

Besides the best way to import shapefiles into C3D, any other advice for beginning procedures and best practices will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Intel Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 Dual Monitor
32 GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64-bit
22 REPLIES 22
Message 22 of 23
troma
in reply to: clemay

Also this one just popped up in the forum today:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/one-or-more-objects-in-this-drawing-cannot-be-saved-t...

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 23 of 23
clemay
in reply to: troma

That last link above had a resolution right off the bat. Thanks Brian. I have Civil 3D 2014 and I had my Save Format to save to 2010. They say C3D does not like saving down.
C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Intel Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 Dual Monitor
32 GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report