Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Image!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
EJMartinez
334 Views, 5 Replies

Need Help with Image!

Hello everyone,

Let me see if I can explain this clearly. I am about to turn in a few projects. I have to turn in everything using a DVD-R disc. One question that i really need help is the image I am using for the project. I am trying to turn it in with the image attach on. The problem is that the image has a path that goes to my computer to find the image. Another problem is that the image I am using is about 6.5 GB. I am only using a little area from this big image i got. I clip it in AutoCAD Civil 3d but it still has the 6.5GB. I am using Civil 3D 2012. I inserted the image using command MAPIINS. Image is an ecw file. I want to clip the image to the right file size to send off.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
entropist
in reply to: EJMartinez

If you set all xrefs to relative paths, the links will work fine from any source.

I've never had to learn to clip images, but if you use a double layer DVD the image should fit as is.

Message 3 of 6
EJMartinez
in reply to: entropist

Yea I set the image xref path to the right path I wanted. Its just the image is too big to send. Probably going to have to just send It using a big enough USB flash drive.
Message 4 of 6
Neilw_05

If you really want to clip the image you should be able to de-compress it to a TIF or JPG using a utility from the makers of the ECW compression engine (ER-MAPPER?) and clip it with Raster Design or any other image editing software that supports georeferencing.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 6
antoniovinci

EJ,

I advise you to clip the huge ECW in a third-party Gis software (e.g. Qgis).

Doing so, you'll get a small georeferenced image, definitely portable by email...

Message 6 of 6
EJMartinez
in reply to: antoniovinci

Will it work or is there a way to crop the image in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 or AutoCAD Map 3D 2012?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report