Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help for corridor sections

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chavez_in_cabo
312 Views, 4 Replies

Need Help for corridor sections

I've been working on some complex corridors (with curb returns, cul-de-sacs and roads intersection).

When I draw all the cross section I can't see the corridor section where the curb return, cul-de-sacs or roads intersections are. ¿What happened?

¿Could anyone help me?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

I think the problem you are running into is that an sample lines are based on an alignment and only the corridor assemblies that are based on that alignment can be displayed in the section.

Brian

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
jgotsis
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian,

I am working in C3D2010 and having the same issue.  I have a corridor modeled with multiple baselines, but sampled along the main road alignment (which is also the main base line in the corridor model.)  I have base lines for other additional features in the same corridor model, such as ditches that do not run uniformly parallel to the main base line alignment.  So the only way to get all of these features sampled and showing up in the section views is to create a surface from the corridor model, correct?  (Which in that case you do not get to see the individual pavement layers- AC, base, etc., unless you create a surface-from-corridor for each.)

Message 4 of 5
miked
in reply to: chavez_in_cabo

Brian is correct with versions up to 2011. 2012 can sample multiple baselines and show the sections as you want.

That is the advantages of subscription and implementing the new versions as they are released.

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 5 of 5
jgotsis
in reply to: miked

Miked,

Thanks for letting me know it has been addressed in C3D2012.  My firm is in the process of upgrading to this version soon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report