Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a new linetype.... struggling

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
MSBryan
571 Views, 9 Replies

Need a new linetype.... struggling

I am in need of a linetype as displayed in the picture and attached dwg. I would like to use this with the direction of the T's alternating to indicate telephone duct banks. I've tried several options using the express tool Make Linetypes to no avail. I've tried searching for a similar linetype but am not getting the results desired.

Thanks,

MSB

Civil 3d 2013  & 2014 all service packs

64bit

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
tcorey
in reply to: MSBryan

Do you know what a Shape is? You will want to create a Shape that includes both T's and then use Makelinetype to embed the shape into a linetype.

If no one else details the process in the meantime, I will be back to the office this afternoon and will line it out for you.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 10
MSBryan
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks Tim,

I've imported shp files and exported some line work to shp files but never used one to create a linetype.  I'll work on it and if I come up with a workable solution I will post it. If not I'll appreciate any help offered.

Thanks again,

Michael

Message 4 of 10
Pointdump

Michael,

Here's a pretty good video on how to make different kinds of Custom Linetypes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIdleZqu1XM

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 10
MSBryan

got it....  after some wrangling and finagling I got it ...

Thanks for the push

Message 6 of 10
doni49
in reply to: tcorey

@tcorey wrote:

Do you know what a Shape is? You will want to create a Shape that includes both T's and then use Makelinetype to embed the shape into a linetype.

If no one else details the process in the meantime, I will be back to the office this afternoon and will line it out for you.

Tim

I don't see the need to use a shape at all.  I don't have time to figure out the spacing (especially since the OP said he already got what he needs) but this does the alternating T part.

*Alt_T,Alternating T ----T----  
A,10,-2.5,["T",STANDARD,S=2.54,U=0.0,X=-0,Y=-1.270],-2.5,10,["T",STANDARD,S=2.54,U=180.0,X=-0,Y=-1.27],-2.5,5,-2.5,10,-2.5

AlternatingTLinetype.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 10
MSBryan
in reply to: doni49

I like this option better without the shp files 

I'll work on the spacing on my end. Was unaware of the capability of adding another piece of text in that manner.

thanks

Message 8 of 10
doni49

Generally speaking, if I can avoid requiring a shp file, I will.  That just creates headaches when trying to share your file(s) with someone.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 9 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: doni49

You got what I would do Don. One thing I might change is the U=. THis would make the linetype plan readable. Not sure if that is desired in this case. If it was not simply replace the U= with an R=.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
doni49
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Good catch.  I meant to say that but forgot all about it.  Someone stopped in my office while I was posting and I tried to get it posted before I dealt with their issue.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report