Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My lines have elevations

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
EJMartinez
1705 Views, 10 Replies

My lines have elevations

Im starting on this project. I create the fence lines using a plain line. When I select one of the fence lines created, and type in list in the command line, i get an elevation for that line. I want my lines to have a 0 elevation. How do i go about doing that. I dont want my structures and other stuff being drawn to the surface. Can I also change all the lines i created to 0 elevation without having to recreate everything.

F.Y.I. When i draw my lines i use the 'pn to select each point for the line to be drawn at.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
randcdavidson
in reply to: EJMartinez

osnapz = 1

Message 3 of 11
Jeff_M

@ejmartinez wrote:

Can I also change all the lines i created to 0 elevation without having to recreate everything.

Yes, select a line, right click, choose SelectSimilar, on the Properties palette enter 0 for the start & end Z values.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 11
EJMartinez

Thanks Jeff. What about when I continue to draw lines. can i create some kind of surface or something that stays on the top of my EG_surface so that when i draw a line or poly line, it will already have an elevation of 0. i remember drawing a rectangle around the surface then doing something to it to create a (somewhat sheild) so that i can still drawing lines to my point but they wont have an elevation.

Message 5 of 11
Jeff_M

You can set the Transparent Commands Ambient setting to prompt for elevations, then at the first prompt for one enter y for sYstem and 0 will be used. Subsequent points will use this elevation, but you will have to hit Enter an extra time for each point.

EESignature
Message 6 of 11
mathewkol

Randcdavidson has the easiest answer IMO. Any elevation you snap to will essentially be ignored. Actually, the z value gets replaced by the current value of ELEVATION which is usually 0.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: mathewkol

Osnapz does not have any effect when using the 'PN transparent command.

EESignature
Message 8 of 11
mathewkol

Thanks Jeff. I missed that part of the OP's message.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 9 of 11
bonobaileys

Set you point style to "flatten points fo elevation"

Message 10 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: bonobaileys

@bonobaileys wrote:

Set you point style to "flatten points fo elevation"

This also has no effect when using the 'PN Transparent command. 

EESignature
Message 11 of 11
bonobaileys
in reply to: Jeff_M

oh ok sorry, not familar with pn command, never used it? when i connect topo dots i usually set my osnaps to node and flatten point style to draw my 2d info, then if i need 3d feature lines from point data i set it back to use point elevation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report