Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FG surface will not adjust according to the feature lines grades I have set

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
265 Views, 3 Replies

My FG surface will not adjust according to the feature lines grades I have set

I am working on a drawing where the FG surface is already in place. I have tweaked the grading and almost all of it has adjusted without error. There are a handful of spots where the surface refuses to read the grade set on the feature line. There are no other feature lines on these troublesome areas so the surface should only read the grades I have set. It's not due to bad interpolation either because the grade tags are set directly on top of the feature line and the surface is saying at that point there is a huge difference compared to the grade I have set at that point. I suspect there may have been grading set with points on these spots but I have no idea how to adjust points. On top of that the definition of the FG surface is only showing the breaklines and boundaries that I have set or were already in the drawing. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: Anonymous

What version are you using?  Can you post a dwg file for us to examine?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

You may have other data in the surface that may be in conflict with the FL. here are two option to determine. The order of the definitions can also effect your build.
1. delete the FL>> envoke oops and rebuild it it still triangulates there you will see if there is other data.
2. on the surface definition tab clear the check box of all definitions and add one at a time until you find the errant data

it may also be as simple as deleteing the FL>> oops and adding back

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: doni49

Civil 3D 2010. And since it's company property I don't think I can post anything I'm afraid.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report