Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 2D polylines are acting wierd.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karlkarpuk
368 Views, 3 Replies

My 2D polylines are acting wierd.

Hello!

I attached a picture where you can see my problem. The outer polyline is what i wanted to offset. As you can see, it did offset, but only partially.
It has to be the same problem i have with my grading. I graded a featureline to a certain elevation (29,50). I would expect a nice smooth contour as the 29,50 elevation, but what i got is displayed on the second attachment. All the unparallel lines are 29,50 countours and make a flat surface.

Has anybody got an diea what causes this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: karlkarpuk

I suspect these two problems are not related.

If you turn on the display of Surface Points and Triangles it will help you to see what is causing the contours to be as they are.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
alloftin

The grading issue has to do with the triangles and points.  CAD is probably automatically minimizing flat areas on surfaces, so it will be adding random points in the middle of your single contour.  You can go to the edits section of your surface in prospector and delete this edit and it may help.

If it doesn't fix it try "adding lines" and "swapping edges" from the same surface edit menu in the prospector, or from the edit surface ribbon button.  For some reason CAD reads between certain points that don't make any sense. This may take some time to get a hang of but should ultimately fix your grading problem.

As with the above post, I'm pretty sure the polyline issue is unrelated, but I'm not sure I can help with that

Message 4 of 4
KirkNoonan

A simple way to fix the display of your grading contours is to grade to an elevation just past your real target - like elevation 29.501. Then you will get the flatness that C3D hates out of the range of your 29.5 contour.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report