Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multitext Rotates when Editing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dankoss
447 Views, 3 Replies

Multitext Rotates when Editing

Hi Everybody,

I'm having a problem when I try to edit a piece of multitext. This does not happen all the time, but more often than not. When I go to edit the text it will rotate so that is parallel to true east. This is annoying as most of the time my drawings are not made with north being north. In this particular drawing north is pointing south east so whenever I edit a piece of text the text edit box will flip upside down and backwards as true east is south west. It always goes back to the way I had it originally before editing, but it's a pain to type stuff that's coming in upside down and diagonally.

I though the MTEXTFIXED option would solve this but I set it to both 0 and 1 (default being 2) and it did not stop the text from rotating when being edited.

What do I do to keep my text the way it's situated when editing?

Thanks,

-Dan K.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: dankoss

I have this too in 2011.  Didn't happen in 2008.

I've just learned to live with it.  At least it's not as bad as the glitch when the text disapears while editing and I just have to type from memory.

But if someone has a suggestion I'd like to hear it.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: dankoss

This is controlled by the MTEXTFIXED System Variable.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: AllenJessup

But Allen the text should rotate to the view, not to East.  It should rotate to be easier to read, not harder.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report