Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Viewports Plot Issues Problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tmacdonald
992 Views, 3 Replies

Multiple Viewports Plot Issues Problems

Having a weird situation that has come about with the implementation of local City Engineering cad standards into our company template. Here's the set up: The city requires a location map on all the plan and profiles for roadways, utilities etc. The location map area that they allocate in paper space is quite small next to the plan and profile viewports, so obviously the scale is much different. The issue comes when plotting, Civil "regenerates all" causing my intelligent profile view to adjust to some completely random scale, which then moves all intelligent data to move out of the viewport for the layout and then plots absolutely nothing. The plan view is fine, the location map is fine, the profile view goes crazy. When I jump back to model space to see where all plan view went, the intelligent data moved up and to the right of where it should have been. A quick "RE" and it moves right back. I pop into my layout and plot and it moves again! The only quick solution when I'm under the deadline gun was to do one of two things: 1) create a "dumb" location map with just linework in paper space with no vp and copy/paste to each layout. 2) Get things the way I want and...I don't want to but I had to...explode. I know I know trust me it was a last resort and makes me want to hang up my autodesk license and go home.

Back to the lecture at hand, we're running Civil 3D 2010 with the template that has been pieced together since 2006 with major changes along the way, but the local City standards did not deal with styles only layers and linetypes. The only thing that comes to mind is that the profile view is off somehow? I used Civil 3D 2008 and 2009 to develop a set of company specific styles for Plan Production tools, and I'm hoping that somewhere along the line I missed a change to Civil and now when plotting with 2010 it backfires? The most annoying thing is that it happens reacts differently every time. I can't find anything in the forums, we've sent questions to Autodesk with no avail, and our company cad gurus are stumped. HELP!

Anthony MacDonald, E.I.T.

WLC Engineering, Surveying and Planning

Gillette, Wyoming

[Civil 3D 2010 SP2, Windows XP SP3, Intel Core2 6600 @2.4GHz, 2.40GHz, 3.25 GB RAM]

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: tmacdonald

Do you lock the viewports? If not, then try it with them locked.

I haven't experienced anything quite like that, and I've been using the same, updated, dwt since 2008 also. Sorry, not much help, but without pics or a dwg it's hard to say.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
tmacdonald
in reply to: Jeff_M

Yeah, I tried locking them and unlocking them. I've got no idea what is going on. I had a few other guys in the office bring it up on their machines and the same issue. It's just weird. I appreciate your thoughts!

Message 4 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: tmacdonald

Is the drawing one which you are able to allow someone else to have a look at? If so, feel free to send it to me and I'll see if I can find anything out of the norm.

miff AT sonic DOT net

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report