Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple turn lanes at intersection (combining intersections and corridors?)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ltmullen
799 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple turn lanes at intersection (combining intersections and corridors?)

I have a three-way intersection I'm trying to design.

The road that goes through is east to west and the road that branches off goes north.

On the west side of the intersection, there's going to be a left hand turn lane on the east-west road that tapers back to nothing, and there's also a widened right turn lane for traffic coming from the north-south road. On the other side of the east-west road, there's a widening for a right hand turn lane, and a center lane to match the left lane on the other side, which also tapers back to nothing.

Is there a way to use an interesection to model the incoming/outgoing right turn lanes and also model the middle lanes that taper back? It seems that I would need to have an intersection overlapping a corridor to do this...is that possible?

Sorry if this sounds silly...I'm new to using corridors and intersections.

I've attached a picture of what I've got in my drawing right now. The right turn lanes and tapers have been modeled with an intersection and you can partially see the middle lanes in the yellow linework, though they continue tapering back outside of the bounds of the image. The intersection object and the linework don't match up exactly, but I think you can get the idea.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doni49
in reply to: ltmullen

The intersection is basically an advanced corridor.  You'll have a the following assemblies

• One showing the full width portions of the main road
  • One that shows only the one side of the road opposite the secondary road 
  • One that shows the full width portion of the secondary road
  • One showing just the left side of the secondary road
  • One showing just the right side of the secondary road

Give the following a look.  It has turn lanes but it's not a T intersection -- it should still get you there though. 

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIVIL/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20Civil%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url...

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report