Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Street Names for Single Alignment

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kkohlhoff
582 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple Street Names for Single Alignment

I’m wondering if this is possible or if a wish list item.

I have a single street alignment that looks like an “n”. My issue is the west side of the “n” is named “Main Street” & the east side is named “First Ave” in the real world. Is there a way to have an alignment name from station 1+00 - 10+00 be different than 10+00 - 20+00 for automatic label purposes? I would rather not break the alignment since it one long continuous street & in some instances there is a vertical curve within the breakpoint. JUst need to figure out how to use automatic lables for naming street intersections.

Using C3D 2010 but curious on newer versions too. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: kkohlhoff

I am on C3D 2012.  Only way I can really come up with is to create separate label styles that you use for each end of the alignment.  So you could have one Station Offset label style, for instance, that is configured to use the Alignment Name Property (assuming the alignment is named Main St) in the Text Component Editor, and another Station Offset label style where "FIRST AVE" is actually typed into the Text Component Editor instead of using the Alignment Name Property.  Or perhaps you could use "First Ave" as the Alignment Description and use the Alignment Description Property in the second label style.  See attached Pictures.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report