Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple profile view mean elevation or previous major grid elevation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jbear0000
677 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple profile view mean elevation or previous major grid elevation

I am using Civil 3D 2012. When creating multiple profile views I am choosing "Mean Elevation" for the "Profile view datum by:" option in the "Profile view height" section. This option is supposed to center the profile vertically in the profile view. However it does not work. The profile is very close to the bottom of the profile view. See the attached image. So what am I doing wrong?

UPDATE: Right after I posted this I figured it out, that if I uncheck the "split profile view" setting it does place the profile in the center of the profile view. However the datums all end up being uneven elevations. Instead of being 800, 1000, etc, I am getting elevations like 842, 986, 1021, etc. So is there anyway to use a mean elevation so that the profile is centered on the profile view and so that the datum snaps to the previous major grid line?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: jbear0000

What I do is let the software find the mean elevation and then I edit each profile view to set the datum to the nearest even elevation. It's extra work, but I don't believe there is a built-in way to get Civil 3D to do this without custom programming.

You might want to post this over in the Civil 3D customization group to see if any of the programmers have written something. Maybe someone will share.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
Agoetsch
in reply to: jbear0000

I have exactly the same problem as yours. Looks like I have to go thru EACH multiple Profile Views to set elevation to make surface set in the middle. Since I see this was posted a while ago. I am hoping if you or anyone solve the problem yet by now? Im using C3D 2014.

Thanks,

AaronMulti Prof Views.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report