Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple pipe creations by object on same site

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rob.howell
310 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple pipe creations by object on same site

Good day all.

Is it possible to create pipes by feature lines that would follow multiple base lines and have them associated with one site.

Example:

I have a irrigation system that is at a tee intersection.

Road A runs West to East

Road B runs from the middle of Road A North.

These would be two seperate feature line object selections that ask for a new network name during the create pipe network from object dialog box.

Regards

Civil 3d 2012

Running HPV400 64bit W7,

16gig ram.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SethHall
in reply to: rob.howell

Hi Rob-

Unfortunately I am not quite sure what you are asking in regards to your end result. The pipe networks will not be able to be associated with a site, but you should be able to merge the networks created from the feature lines on multiple sites to create a single network. Is this what you are looking for? If so the command to merge networks is MERGEPIPENETWORKS.

Please let us know if this helps.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 6
rob.howell
in reply to: SethHall

Good Day Seth,

That is exactly what I am looking for. Just out of curiosity and possible to make myself want to jump off a small building.....how long has this command been available.

Regards

Rob

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

The ability to easily Merge/Split networks was added in C3D2011. You can also access these commands on the Modify PipeNetwork Ribbon Tab.

Edited to add: You could always merge them, although it took a bit of work using LandXML Export, XML editing, then LandXML Import.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
rob.howell

Great,

That makes me feel better. We skipped 2011 and just started 2012. That would explain why I have never come accross this.

Rob

Message 6 of 6
SethHall

Glad to help, and thanks to Jeff for supplying the additional command access information.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report