Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple cross section labels

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3929 Views, 3 Replies

Multiple cross section labels

Using 2011 - Having trouble with cross section labeling.  I have multiple label markers such as ROW, and multiple EASEMENT types.  I've created corridors for each label type - each will show up if their corridor has a corridor section line at the same station as the base corridor, but at odd ball stations (like driveway openings)  the labels do not show up, I'm thinking its because I don't have these corridor section lines in each corridor.  Is there an easier work around rather than manually adding the section lines in each corridor????

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure what you mean by "I've created corridors for each label type"?

Best Practice here is to have a companion Sample Line for ALL corridor section stations that will be displayed in your cross sections / section views. If they don't match the FG can be off within vertical curves etc. because it's an interpulation between the even corridor stations etc. Additionally C3D often will have trouble properly displaying sections where Sample lines dosn't match corridor frequency sections exactly.

As far as the Markers our workflow is as follows:

1. Create a Multipurpuse style>marker style>ROW, ESMT etc.

2. Create offset or Miscellaneous alignments for the ROW &  ESMT linnes.

3. Create a surface profile of each special alignment created.

4. In Sample Line Group Properties>Section Views Tab>Profile Grade Lines> Associate all above info by populating the info with the above data & set the marker styles to ROW / ESMT.

5. Create the section Views & markers will be present at all Sample Lines that Cross your alignment.

(They can also be added via the "Section View Group Properties")

One caveat for above -  If your EG surface doesn't extend beyond these special alignments wher markers are to be shown, they won't show up in those instances.

Jay

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay, 

We use the same workflow as you when labeling cross sections.  However, I have noticed that the labels in the Profile Grade Lines section don't stay there.  For example, I added wetland labels to my cross sections and exited the Sample Group Properties box. Then I want to add existing ROW labels to my cross sections in addition to wetland labels.  However, when I go back into Sample Group Properties>Section Views Tab>Profile Grade Lines, the dialog box is empty and I have to re-enter my wetland labels and then add my exisitng ROW labels.

Am I doing something wrong?  Or is the way Civil3D works?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

As far as I know if you add to the Profile Grade Lines in a Section View Group, then yes you must reassign all of your markers to the group.

Not always possible but due to this limitation I try to add them all at one time, it would be nice if it would append new ones to Section Views and leave previously added Profile Grade Lines but I haven't found this to be the case.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report