AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*David Urban
Message 1 of 4 (110 Views)

Multiple corridor in a single surface

110 Views, 3 Replies
11-29-2004 05:55 AM
I am working on a subdivision with many streets (48) and need a single surface from my roads. the ideal would be to add the corridor objects to a surface and if the corridor changes then the surface would change. I was fairly good with LDD grading but this is new and not sure of the tricks and want to learn its strengths and weakness. this seems like a weakness over LDD. What is the best way to add multiple corridors to a surface. I saw the feature line but that is alot of manual work for this product. TIA David Urban
*Brian Hailey
Message 2 of 4 (110 Views)

Re: Multiple corridor in a single surface

11-29-2004 07:17 AM in reply to: *David Urban
Hi David, I think the trick is to have all the alignments in one corridor rather than one corridor per alignment. Check out the intersection design placeware session for examples. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "David Urban" wrote in message news:41ab2a65$1_1@newsprd01... >I am working on a subdivision with many streets (48) and need a single >surface from my roads. the ideal would be to add the corridor objects to a >surface and if the corridor changes then the surface would change. I was >fairly good with LDD grading but this is new and not sure of the tricks and >want to learn its strengths and weakness. this seems like a weakness over >LDD. > > What is the best way to add multiple corridors to a surface. > I saw the feature line but that is alot of manual work for this product. > > TIA > > David Urban
*David Urban
Message 3 of 4 (110 Views)

11-29-2004 08:18 AM in reply to: *David Urban
Do you have a link. Nothing seems to pop up when I goggle it. David Brian Hailey wrote: > Hi David, > > I think the trick is to have all the alignments in one corridor rather than > one corridor per alignment. Check out the intersection design placeware > session for examples. >
*Brian Hailey
Message 4 of 4 (110 Views)

11-29-2004 08:28 AM in reply to: *David Urban
Hi David, Go to the C3D website (www.autodesk.com/civil3d). You can find it there under demonstration. Here is a link to all the webcasts, future and past: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=3856538 -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "David Urban" wrote in message news:41ab4be2$1_3@newsprd01... > Do you have a link. Nothing seems to pop up when I goggle it. > > David > > Brian Hailey wrote: >> Hi David, >> >> I think the trick is to have all the alignments in one corridor rather >> than one corridor per alignment. Check out the intersection design >> placeware session for examples. >>
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.