Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple codes at 1 survey point

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
torner
368 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple codes at 1 survey point

It is my understanding that C3D will only display the first point when there's more than 1 code for a survey point.

I am curious how others get around this? My first thought was to copy the line in the PENZD txt file and edit so that there's only 1 code listed. I tried appending the point number with "A" and ".1" without luck I assume I would need to use the next available point number.

An example of my txt file is:

17371,298429.877,568639.651,801.030,LPM SGN     This produces only the light pole symbol and not the sign.

C3D 2012 sp1

Tom
C3D 2012 sp4\C3D 2014 sp2
W7Pro 64bit
HP Z400 Workstation
16 GB RAM
Intel Xeon CPU W3565@3.20GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: torner

If you want two symbols to be inserted automatically using description keys you will need 2 different survey points.  Either shoot them separately in the field or manually create a new line in your CSV file complete with a unique point number.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
sboon
in reply to: mathewkol

There are a few people who add a symbol block as part of the point label style, so that they can move the symbol without changing the point coordinate.  In this case it might be possible to display the pole with its symbol and the signpost with a point label style.

This would allow you to drag and rotate the sign independently of the pole.  If you added a text component you could even show the sign information.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report