Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple alignments in one drawing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
475 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple alignments in one drawing

I am working on the approach geometry for a roundabout and need to call out the necessary information for laying out the edge of pavement (EOP). I have my main center line of road alignment and have created new alignments from polylines that "ride" over top of the EOP. My plan was to use the line and curve alignment labeler and then create a table with all of the geometric information contained within. This worked out great, except that I want the station references along the EOP station call outs in the table to reference my center line alignment, and not the alignments that I created to collect the geometric information over the EOP. Explaining in more detail, when the "line" table calls out the begin and end station limits, I want it to reference the location of those limits on the centerline alignment that is at a varying distance away from the EOP alignment. Any help on this topic would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

I attached a screen shot as well. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
odoshi
in reply to: Anonymous

The closest thing I can see included in Civil 3D is the Alignment Station Offset to Points report. I guess if you had points set at the start and end of the segments you could use that report. Not dynamic though, and not inclusive of everything you'd like to show.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 3 of 6
brian.strandberg
in reply to: odoshi

This can be done as a label, but I don't see a way to create it as a table.

I rarely have time to post. If what I post helps please use Accept as Solution / Like when appropriate.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Message 4 of 6
odoshi
in reply to: brian.strandberg

Right. The tables do not support Reference Text like the Labels do.

Yet another idea for a custom app....

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 5 of 6
BrianHailey
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe the guys over at QuuxSoft have created a tool that will allow this but I'm not positive. Perhaps Jeff will chime in here.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: BrianHailey

While we do have a tool to dynamically update the station/offset values for CogoPoints in relation to any alignment, and these can be shown in a Point Table, I don't see any way of combining the data into the Line table as the OP is requesting.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report