AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
sniff26
Message 1 of 3 (205 Views)

Multiple alignment grades on cross sections

205 Views, 2 Replies
07-09-2012 11:59 AM

using Civil 3d version 2012

Want to add existing and proposed profile grades to cross sections for the eastbound and westbound lanes.  I have an alignment established for each

thanks

*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 2 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: Multiple alignment grades on cross sections

07-09-2012 07:05 PM in reply to: sniff26
For proposed:
I would place a markedpoint subassembly in the middle of each lane in your assembly. Name is something special and then adjust your code set style accordingly so that the propsed grades get labelled.

For existing:
Plave a link vertical at the above generic link and target your EG surface. Place another markedpoint named something else at the end of this link. Again, modify your code set style.

This is off the top of my head, there may be a better way. But this method will work.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
Contributor
sniff26
Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: Multiple alignment grades on cross sections

07-18-2012 12:12 PM in reply to: mathewk

There is no way to establish a band that references the exisitng and proposed surfaces at the geometry that I have already established?  This seems like a pretty common occurance, lots of divided highways out there

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.