Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTI-VIEW BLOCKS

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1862 Views, 9 Replies

MULTI-VIEW BLOCKS

Does anyone have idea how I can create my multi-view block and access it through the "Insert" dialog box or through the Tool Palette? In fact I tried to create and use Power Pole multi-view block, I actually created the View blocks but after creating the named Multi-View block it vanished. It was neither in the Insert Dialog Box nor in the Tool Palette.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

See the image below... And this Link to online Help.C3D MVB.png

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

Yes, I created my view blocks and when I used the "Edit Multi-view block" tool to create my named multi-view block, that named multiview block vanished into thin air. The named multiview block could not be located the "Insert" Dialog Box nor in Tool Palette nor in Design Center.

Message 4 of 10
peterfunkautodesk

What Mary's screen capture was showing is the command for adding Multi-View Block to your file. They are added with the command "AecMvBlockAdd" and not with the "Insert" command.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

I think Mary's capture and "AecMvBlockAdd" command pertains only to a situation where you already have mvblock reference in your drawing and wish to add more instances of the same block. What I was saying is that I created view blocks with which I created MV block. Thereafter I could not see the my MV block again. I could only see the Autodesk predefined MV blocks in the Tool Palette but not the one I created.

Message 6 of 10
peterfunkautodesk

Making a Multi-View Block doesn't add it to the tool palette and it won't show in the Insert dialog because it isn't a Block it is a MVBlock.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

Have any idea how Autodesk, Inc created their MV Blocks that were accessible through the Tool palette? Drawing files for those MVBs were located at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Data\Symbols\Mvblocks. I created my own MVB drawing file inside this Mvblocks folder with hope that my MVB will also be listed along in the Tool palette but that didn't happen.

Message 8 of 10
Jeff_M
Message 9 of 10
mathewkol

I think I know the tidbit of info the OP needs to be successful here.

You need to add an MV block to your DWG then make a new block, selecting the MV block as the geometry. MV blocks in this case are "embedded" into blocks, which you can add to a palette or insert using the Insert command.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 10 of 10
MarySeufert

@Anonymous wrote:

Have any idea how Autodesk, Inc created their MV Blocks that were accessible through the Tool palette?

They created the stock tool palettes in the same way you would make your own. Drag and drop the MVB from your MVB drawing file to your tool palette. You can also use Design Center to insert MVBs. Look at the link in my original post, and Jeff's for the Help files to guide you through it. Matt's suggestion is valid and it is how the stock MVBs in Civil3D come, but not a necessary step from my experience.

What is interesting to me is the difference in how MVBs are managed in ACA(AMEP) vs. C3D. Civil3D does not have a user friendly way to manage them. I would like to see them incorporated into the Toolspace in some way. They are created/maintained in ACA through the Style Manager which is similar in effect to the Settings tab of Toolspace.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report