Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-barrel pipes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
boberdorf
869 Views, 3 Replies

Multi-barrel pipes

What the best way to draw multiple parallel pipes that cross a corridor.  In my example I have a track with 4 pipes crossing the track corridor on slightly different alignments (from perpendicular to skewed).  I have drawn the pipes on as individual pipes under the same network following advice I found on the forum.

Hwever I cannot get them all to display on the profile.  I have tried "Draw Parts in Profile" but it seems to bring up only 1 pipe.

I would appreciate any guidance on managing multiple pipes.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: boberdorf

Select Profile View>Right Click>Profile View Properties>Pipe Networks Tab.

Are pipes 1-4 all checked to display here? This is where the profile display options are managed.

If they are checked for display please post a screen capture of the pipe layout in plan view in relation to the corridor.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
boberdorf
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks Jay,

I appreciate the response.  I am an amatuer on C3D and overlooked that setting.

Out of curiousity, is this the correct way to manage parallel pipes based on your experience?

Message 4 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: boberdorf

If your main goal is to draw and label the pipes I don't think it matters much if you have 4 disconnected pipes in one network or create 4 separate networks.

The reason you only had one pipe display is there are 2 options to draw pipe networks in profile view
Draw part in Profile.
Draw Entire Network in Profile.

My personal preference is to draw a single part in profile. Once this is done in a file for 1 initial pipe network,
any additional networks will also appear in the listing on the Pipe Network tab of pfl view prop's.

If a busy network is drawn using entire network option there's a bunch of pipes or structures that I end up
turning off anyhow.

HTH
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report