Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtext boxes printing only as a black box

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
ltilley
2594 Views, 11 Replies

Mtext boxes printing only as a black box

I am unable to work this out.

I am using civil 3d 2013. When i am printing all my text masked tect boxes print as a solid black box.

I have set the text mask to "use background colour" i have not been able to find a solution anywhere else on the forums please help

Also i can print the drawing fine from a different computer without any changes to the file :S

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
wfberry
in reply to: ltilley

I am thinking that this is a feature of the print driver but cannot recall the exact remedy.  Check out the other printer setup is all I can offer at this time.  Someone else should step in and remind us shortly.

Bill

Message 3 of 12
rl_jackson

I think that the C3D Label wer exploded and you'll need to select one of the phantom rasters behide the mtext and use select similar to delete them.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
KirkNoonan

Are you using the same .pc3 file on both computers? 

Message 5 of 12
ltilley
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Yes its the same on both computers

Message 6 of 12
ltilley
in reply to: rl_jackson

no phantom rasters to be found

thanks for the suggestion

Message 7 of 12
rl_jackson

Here is a test, go to option OP, and select display tab, and the select colors, change the 2D model background to from black to white. Do you the black boxes around the text? If so they text was a civil lable that was exploded. if not it's a print issue.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
Hammerling

I have seen this happen when printing to PDF.   Some printers don't know how to handle that kind of masking. 
I normally have this masking turned off in my C3D styles.   It improves the performance of your drawing, and I run into less issues after I "Export to AutoCAD"

Gerald Hammerling

Message 9 of 12
ltilley
in reply to: rl_jackson

no black boxes 

sample attached

Message 10 of 12
ltilley
in reply to: Hammerling

How would this work? I am printing to the same printer with both computers and it doesnt work to pdf or straight to paper. The print preview also shows the boxes over the text. but no such issue on the other computer

If i did take out the text masking how do i deal with the objects over my text instead?

thanks

Message 11 of 12
KirkNoonan

For us, the black boxes are usually a function of the lines merge vs. lines overwrite in the .pc3 file. If everything is identical on the two setups, the only thing left is probably to open a support request.

Message 12 of 12
david.zavislan

Check the plot style (ctb) file.  The two computers may have different plotter colors assigned to the background color.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report