AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
inhl
Message 1 of 5 (443 Views)

MSE Retaining Wall Assembly?

443 Views, 4 Replies
05-27-2009 08:54 AM
Does anyone have a MSE Retaining Wall subassembly? or any type of retaining wall subassembly that does NOT have a footing or let me know where I can find one?

TIA
Contributor
chudlundgreen
Message 2 of 5 (371 Views)

Re: MSE Retaining Wall Assembly?

02-09-2011 09:58 AM in reply to: inhl

I've been looking for one too.  I can't say I've found one.  I started making alignments for each layer of reinforcement which is very tedious and I don't recommend it. 

Mentor
jeff_rivers
Message 3 of 5 (352 Views)

02-09-2011 02:53 PM in reply to: inhl

I did a project with an MSE wall recently and built the wall using generic links.  I did not model the tiebacks if that is what you need.  

I used a preliminary corridor to establish the toe-of-wall and top-of-wall profiles and alignments.  I can send you the road and wall assembly but it is pretty simple: From the shoulder a link width-and-slope targets the toe of wall, then a link slope-to-elevation targets the top-of-wall profile at a constant 1:6.  Then a link-to-marked-point targets a previously-marked point on the road shoulder to finish off the top of the wall. 

I used a separate corridor to develop the wall excavation volume. 

Win 7E 64-bit, Intel i7, 12 GB
C3D 2012
Contributor
chudlundgreen
Message 4 of 5 (341 Views)

02-09-2011 04:15 PM in reply to: inhl

Yeah, I'm looking for a subassembly that has the reinforcement too.  But thanks for your help.  I might be able to try that and get some of a design.

ABUSAIF2000
Message 5 of 5 (137 Views)

11-06-2012 10:53 AM in reply to: jeff_rivers

Hello, Jeff, I saw your post abbout the MSE wall ,  im trying to draw an mse retaing wall project, I been looking around if there is a lisp or a program that does that, any luck in your side?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.