Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MrSID file is attached. Zoom in Plot Preview & LOOKS like MrSID file moves.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
doni49
529 Views, 5 Replies

MrSID file is attached. Zoom in Plot Preview & LOOKS like MrSID file moves.

I've noticed a really strange issue when using print preview in C3D (2012).  My dwg file has a MrSID file attached.  I like to use print preview to see what my plot will look like.  I zoom and pan around to be able to see it better.

When I zoom in or out, it looks like the SID file moves.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Near.png

Below.png

Above.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: doni49

@doni49 wrote:

I've noticed a really strange issue when using print preview in C3D (2012).  My dwg file has a MrSID file attached.  I like to use print preview to see what my plot will look like.  I zoom and pan around to be able to see it better.

When I zoom in or out, it looks like the SID file moves.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Near.png

Below.png

Above.png

This is a confirmed bug that has not been fixed since 2012. Just last Friday I sent in another SR about this for 2015 and received confirmation that this is still a bug. It's listed internally as DE9162 and is classified as a "Major Problem". Autodesk's solution is to change the image format to something else, such as TIFF. Except they forget that the purpose of a Mr. Sid image is that it can handle very large images. Our Mr. Sid is 2.5GB. It's impossible to convert it to a TIFF. Even if you do convert it, you run into the bug where a GeoTIFF's UNIT value is ignored and the only way to insert it is to turn off the coordinate system, insert the image, then turn coordinates back on. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 6
doni49
in reply to: Cadguru42

Ok thanks.  At least I know they know about it.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 6
jmayo-EE

Instead of using the plot preview you can go to the layout and turn on the Display Plot Styles button in the page setup dialog box to see a print preview w/o the print preview command.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
doni49
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks but I don't like to use that if I can avoid it.

Don Ireland
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 6
KarlHanson

I have this problem with a raster image rotated (using MVSETUP) anything other than 0, 90, 180, or 270 degrees.  Using multiples of 90 I am OK, but any other angle is an issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report