Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mr. Sid - Coordinate Transformation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
randyspear6624
667 Views, 2 Replies

Mr. Sid - Coordinate Transformation

I am trying to insert a Mr. Sid file that was created with UTM NAD 83 into a file that in MTM NAD 83.

I started a UTM drawing and inserted a point at the Mr. Sid specified insertion point. Then i exported that point to file. Next, I create a new MTM file and import the point with a coordinate transformation applied and then use those coordinates to insert the Mr.Sid file.

It still isn't lining up. What am i doing wrong?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mmcmanus
in reply to: randyspear6624

You didn't apply the transformation to the image. Just moving the image point to match is not correct. You have to transform the image itself and the easiest way to do that is create a drawing file of just the image in the current coordinate system based on the SID world file and then use query from your base map to query the image into that base drawing and the transformation will be complete. Remember the basic concept that a 10 foot square in one coordinate system is not always a perfect 10 foot square in the next system.
Message 3 of 3

Thanks,

I was told that MTM and UTM are converted by a straight factor for each northing and easting. Thats why i thought i could do it the other way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report