Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving profiles in model space

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GreeneSWCD
947 Views, 3 Replies

Moving profiles in model space

I'm fairly new to C3D, in general, so here's a general question:

When I drop a profile into model space, what happens when I move it?  Like if I have ten different profiles, I'd like to square them all up and organize them to fit neatly into my plan views.  I just scale my border draiwing and drop one of those into model space, then fill it up with profiles until it's full. 

I know that I should be working in layout/paper space for this kind of stuff, but this seems easy enough. 

What's the appropiate work flow for this housekeeping type of stuff? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Neilw_05
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

One of the nice things about C3D is that profile views are objects. That means you can move them around without affecting the data or the dependent models. You can control the range of stations for each view independently which allows you to display just that portion that fits a particular sheet. Any changes to the design and surface profiles are reflected in all the profile views. The only thing you have to worry about is any manually drawn graphics and labels. As long as you include those in your selection set, move them as you see fit.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 4
GreeneSWCD
in reply to: Neilw_05

Well, I'm breathing a little easier now.  In Eagle Point, if you moved a profile up or down, the range of elevations changed, and the same went for left and right.  I haven't noticed any gross changes in C3D profiles by moving them, so I was asking just to see if anything was changing that I didn't know about! 

Thanks. 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

just be careful to only select the profile view.  if you window the entire profile view or pick both profile and profile view it will move the profile and cause many problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report