Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Points (no observations in survey db)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
seattlesurvey
471 Views, 2 Replies

Moving Points (no observations in survey db)

Currently running 2009.  We create .fbk files from PNEZD comma-delimited ascii files which we then use to create our survey database networks (so, no "observations").  We need to rotate and translate all of the data for a certain project.  Is this possible with the database that I currently have or will I need to jump through some additional hoops?

I'm thinking I may need to translate/rotate the cogo points, export those, create a fbk file from them, and re-create the survey database with the new fbk file.

Are there other options I should consider?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Okay, I posted my question a little prematurely!  It looks like the Translate function should do what I need (I thought all survey db point manipulations required editing the observations).

I do have a related question though:  When I right-click a series of points in a survey network in the Survey tab, and try to edit them in the Panorama pane, it appears that I can edit any value I want (N, E, etc).  If I edit a value, then click the save icon, the cogo points in the drawing update to reflect the edits, but the values in the Panorama pane revert to their previous values.  The edited values don't appear in either the points listing or the Panorama pane, even after I "update" the network in the Survey tab.  So now, the cogo point locations are in discord with the survey point db.  Can someone explain what is going on?

Again, thanks.

Message 3 of 3

I have found that closing and re-opening the survey database results in the point coordinates displaying correctly (i.e. the database values now reflect the edits made in the previous session).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report