Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving points C3D 2014

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bf
Advocate
529 Views, 7 Replies

moving points C3D 2014

there are some points in my dwg that I can't move.  I can rotate but not move.  I noticed in the point file the ones that I can't move have a grey square in the cell with the point number and the ones I can move have an empty circle.  How do I change the square to a circle?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bf
Advocate
in reply to: bf

and in another dwg that I am xrefing (not binding because it either won't bind it or it exits the prorgams) into this dwg I have the pencil with the red circle.  What are the ways to make a point, point style, or point group uneditable?  Nothing is locked.

Message 3 of 8
mathewkol

Can you attach a screen capture that shows the scenario you're talking about?

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 8
bf
Advocate
in reply to: mathewkol

sure-how do I do that?

Message 5 of 8
bf
Advocate

maybe this worked

Message 6 of 8
bf
Advocate

this dwg is from an outside source and has been drawn by different people using different styles using different layers using different...well you get the pic.

Message 7 of 8
Jeff_M

Those points that you cannot edit are from a Survey database. If you have access to the database you can unlock them in the drawing. Without the Survey DB you can export the points, delete them, then import from file.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 8
bf
Advocate
in reply to: Jeff_M

ahhh.  that stands to reason.  thanks for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report