Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move to C3D 2013 from 2011 - do 2011 files work ok in 2013?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kevinjackman
335 Views, 4 Replies

Move to C3D 2013 from 2011 - do 2011 files work ok in 2013?

We are looking at moving to 2013 from 2011.

There is some concern / apprehension amongst staff that the projects started in 2011 will not work the same in 2013.

Can someone comment on how Civil 3D objects react to new versions?

Thanks,

Civil 3D 2011

Windows 7

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John_N
in reply to: kevinjackman

They will work just fine.  Each version of Civil 3D does work better than the previous verision.  I would recommend moving forward as long as everyone on your team upgrades.  Once you upgrade, your files are virtually useless with previous versions.

Message 3 of 5
Jay_B

I can't comment on 2011 to 2013 but we moved approx. 35 users last May from C3d 2011 to C3D 2012 and converted all in progress projects.

Opinions will vary greatly on this topic, in our case the pain was minimal but that's not to say there weren't a few glitches.

It made more sense for us then having to deal with the fact that a lot of folks just don't get that C3D is not backward compatible and any issues managing multiple versions on the network present.

If you have people that are able to work through issues that arise it shouldn't be a problem.

It's not a bad idea to run a test project to rule out issues before switching the masses over.

And by the way, you may be aware that 2014 will be out very soon and SP 1 should be available for it in approx. 6 months.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You will notice some changes like sheet style from 2012 to 2013. We jumped from 2011 to 2012 and had our section views change all over the place as 2012 used a style or template to dictate the location of the section views for sheets. This is changing again in 2013 c3d. Hope that helps.

Message 5 of 5
ArchD
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm jumping from 2011 to 2013 and I'm having some issues with style based drawings. So, if you use style based pen sets, I would recommend waiting.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report