Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Profile in Profile View

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
logokster
256 Views, 3 Replies

Move Profile in Profile View

Hello,

I have an interesting situation that I need help with. I have several proposed profiles in a profile views and I need to move them between 1.5" and 2". The reason for this is I made a submittal to the county and DOT and instead of doing the typical .25" per 1' they are asking for .375" per 1'. Instead of redoing all of the grading I want to only adjust the road grading by moving the profile up the appropriate amount to make up the difference. The only way I can think of doing this is by individually clicking on each vertex in model or using the table edit features in the edit profile geometry toolbar.

Any better ideas from anyone?

To tell you the truth, I am considering changing my road cross-sections to show the 3/8" per 1' and leaving everything else as is. It is only a 1.5" on a 12' road...but I am a stickler for accuracy so it would really kill me to do that.

DOT is asking for this because if we put .375" per foot maybe they will actually get .25" per foot during construction.

Thanks for the help. I am using 2007 still.....
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mikeevans
in reply to: logokster

Edit the profiles individually and use the move vertex function o the toolbar, specify the value positive or negatice then either adjust by a chainage range or the whole shebam. - You may want to create a copy for backing up purposes.
Message 3 of 4
mmccall

Polar or Ortho "on", move, grab the profile line, snap vertical, enter distance x vertical exaggeration. Simple 'eh?
Message 4 of 4
logokster

Thanks for the reply. I was considering doing that but I thought I read a while back about problems people have had after doing that. maybe not though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report