Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one text height or style in a mtext group

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
johnwilson0805
3608 Views, 6 Replies

More than one text height or style in a mtext group

I have a itemized list in a mtext group and I want to change the text style in the

main headings. When I select the heading line it says all style will be changed.

Thanks

john Wilson

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: johnwilson0805

Ok I give up. What is an MTEXT Group?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
neilyj666

Have you put several Mtext Items in a Group??

I'm assuming that you wish to have the Heading in one text style and the other data in another text style.

I'm not sure if this can be done although it is possible to highlight various sections of Mtext and apply Bold, Italic, Underline etc to it although the style remains the same.

You might be able to achieve your desired effect by creating a table (or importing/linking Excel sheet with desired formatting)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 7

You can change the Font or Height for individual text in Mtext. As you have found out you cannot change the style except for the whole Mtext entity.

I would suggest highlighting the heading and changing the font and/or the height to get the look you want.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
johnwilson0805
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hi Neilyj

I'm sorry. I used the wrong term. for example if I type a large paragraph and within that paragraph

I want to change one sentence to a different style ot change the height, can that be done. My next

reply says he didn't believe it could other than import or link from another word program.

But thanks for replying

John Wilson

Message 6 of 7
neilyj666

As Allen suggested here is a screenshot of the sort of thing you can do - the style cannnot be changed but the individual elements can be changed e.g. Font, Size, Bold Etc

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 7
johnwilson0805
in reply to: neilyj666

Thats cool Thank you. I wil try that

john

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report