Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More install Problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
176 Views, 3 Replies

More install Problems

Everything was working fine not that long ago but now: I have created an admin image and applied the patch at this time. No no matter where I place the admin imkage I get a message saying I need to shorten the path. this installs to H:\Misc I can't get much shorter than that. So instead of the shortcut I have just been double clicking the MSI file. Everyhting installs fine but I can't get it to authorize. I have LDD 2004 and CD 2004 both authorized. Thanks for any help, Conan Witzel
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Forgot to mention. Network install. NW has been updated. Thanks, Conan "cwitzel" wrote in message news:40200b7c$1_2@newsprd01... > Everything was working fine not that long ago but now: > > I have created an admin image and applied the patch at this time. > > No no matter where I place the admin imkage I get a message saying I need to > shorten the path. this installs to H:\Misc I can't get much shorter than > that. > > So instead of the shortcut I have just been double clicking the MSI file. > > Everyhting installs fine but I can't get it to authorize. I have LDD 2004 > and CD 2004 both authorized. > > Thanks for any help, > > Conan Witzel > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Please read the thread "Service Pack 1 Network Install MSP Problem" from 1/29/04 for the answer to your problem. Matt "cwitzel" wrote in message news:40200b7c$1_2@newsprd01... > Everything was working fine not that long ago but now: > > I have created an admin image and applied the patch at this time. > > No no matter where I place the admin imkage I get a message saying I need to > shorten the path. this installs to H:\Misc I can't get much shorter than > that. > > So instead of the shortcut I have just been double clicking the MSI file. > > Everyhting installs fine but I can't get it to authorize. I have LDD 2004 > and CD 2004 both authorized. > > Thanks for any help, > > Conan Witzel > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Are you moving the Admin image by hand to the new location? I believe this doesn't work and was a problem discovered by QA, which I am not sure it was documented in the readme. There is a previous thread in the newsgroup with the title "Service Pack 1 Network Install problems" where Matt, one of our QA engineers, describes step by step the process of applying SP1 to an Admin image. You may want to take a look at that thread. Also, you may want to try to create a new admin image from scratch and applying the patch to it. Thanks for reading. -- Isaac Rodriguez ================================ Software Engineer Autodesk, Inc. "cwitzel" wrote in message news:40200b7c$1_2@newsprd01... > Everything was working fine not that long ago but now: > > I have created an admin image and applied the patch at this time. > > No no matter where I place the admin imkage I get a message saying I need to > shorten the path. this installs to H:\Misc I can't get much shorter than > that. > > So instead of the shortcut I have just been double clicking the MSI file. > > Everyhting installs fine but I can't get it to authorize. I have LDD 2004 > and CD 2004 both authorized. > > Thanks for any help, > > Conan Witzel > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report