Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modifying prototypes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
132 Views, 3 Replies

modifying prototypes

Hello, I've just recently came to a new position where we aren't utilitizing pipeworks. The previous position I was at, we had modified the prototypes. Unfortunately, I wasn't the one changing the prototypes. The question I have, how do I change the pipeworks information, ie: the node information, the symbol that I would like to use for that particular pipe and be able to use it? I would like to make a separate san.dfm and storm.dfm files. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Sincerely, angie
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"Angie" wrote in message news:40c5c2b3$1_3@newsprd01... > Hello, > I've just recently came to a new position where we aren't utilitizing > pipeworks. The previous position I was at, we had modified the prototypes. > Unfortunately, I wasn't the one changing the prototypes. > > The question I have, how do I change the pipeworks information, ie: the node > information, the symbol that I would like to use for that particular pipe > and be able to use it? I would like to make a separate san.dfm and > storm.dfm files. > > I would appreciate any help you can give me. > > Sincerely, > > angie > > This post would best be served in the "autodesk.land-desktop" newsgroup. This one is specifically for Civil 3D and pipeworks is not even a function of Civil 3D.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Angie - Following up on Ron's post to give you the Land group URLs. This email is to let you know the disposition of your message. The original message and any answers in this message group have been moved to the technical support group for Land-Desktop Customization. The LDDT Customization newsgroup can be found at the NNTP newsgroup reader site news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.aec.land-desktop.customization. You may also access this discussion group via the HTTP web-based forums at http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=81. --- Anne Brown Discussion Groups Administrator Autodesk, Inc. Angie wrote: > > Hello, > I've just recently came to a new position where we aren't utilitizing pipeworks. (snip)
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Angie, [Pipes][Settings][Edit] Once the dialog box appears you can call the help for it is you are uncertain from there. You can also edit the settings in a prototype so that the settings become available for other projects. If you are unsure how to do that, then I would suggest that you should do some training, but you can start with [Projects][Prototype settings] -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Angie" wrote in message news:40c5c2b3$1_3@newsprd01... > Hello, > I've just recently came to a new position where we aren't utilitizing > pipeworks. The previous position I was at, we had modified the prototypes. > Unfortunately, I wasn't the one changing the prototypes. > > The question I have, how do I change the pipeworks information, ie: the node > information, the symbol that I would like to use for that particular pipe > and be able to use it? I would like to make a separate san.dfm and > storm.dfm files. > > I would appreciate any help you can give me. > > Sincerely, > > angie > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report