Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Alignment Labels - PC and PT

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
t_mckenzie
3163 Views, 5 Replies

Modify Alignment Labels - PC and PT

I am trying to create a style that automatically places the PC and PT labels towards the outside of the curve. It defaults to the inside, and when I try adding a negative offset, it doesn't allow the label to be further than the anchor station. Please let me know if anyone has any solutions. Right now, I am dragging the labels, but there are quite a few and I don't want to have to do this. I have attached two screen shots. One of what is happening, and one with what I want.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

-Tucker

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: t_mckenzie

Change the line angle from 90 to 270, or vice-versa.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6

Create an expression that figures out where the center of the curve is and then set the rotation to be in radians to go in the correct location you want. Rotate the label component using this expression. This isn't exactly what you want, but it has the basic formula to check for what you are looking for.

http://style.civil3dreminders.com/checkrightorleft

Christopher

Message 4 of 6
t_mckenzie
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff - Thanks. I tried that. Unfortunately either way it puts it towards the inside of the curve. I have a feeling this is a bug. I tried also using the line as the attachment or the anhor station, and it still doesn't work.

FYI - I am using Civil 3D 09.

Message 5 of 6

In 2011 version there is an option on the "General" tab of the label style to "Force Inside Curve" that has an option for none, inside and outside. If you flip this to "outside" it should work the way you want it to. This option is also in the 2010 version, but I don't have 2009 installed so I can't check it.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

Ah Ha! I'd forgotten about that, as I haven't changed mine from the default. In 2009, the option for Force Inside Curve is there, but the only options are True or False.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report