Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing toolspace

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2870 Views, 11 Replies

missing toolspace

missing toolspace!
when I start Civil 3D my toolspace tab is missing. tried do load the dll via appload command but problems remains.
Can somebody help me?

That's the list of my missing dll's:
...."IInitializing........
C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009\AcMapWorkspace.arx cannot find a dll or
other file that it needs.
C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009\AcMapDwfApi.arx cannot find a dll or
Failed.
AcMapWorkspace.arx Load Failed
AcMapDwfApi.arx Load Failed
C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009\AcMapDwfUI.arx cannot find a dll or
C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009\Civil\AeccUiModel.arx cannot find a dll
or other file that it needs."
thank you
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
kdepfyffer
in reply to: Anonymous

Go to options and the files tab. Check to make sure all your paths are correct. I have seen this when a users profile gets a little messed up or is not standard depending how you have set up. For instance, one of the paths for us is set to
C:\Documents and Settings\kdepfyffer.domainname\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2009\enu\support
but for almost everyone else its
C:\Documents and Settings\kdepfyffer\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2009\enu\support
hope that gives a little insight - if it's really bad I just delete the unnamed profile folder and let civil recreate it.
HTH
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

I checked my paths in the files tab but they all like the ones you copied in. I also deleted my extra profile, but it didn't help. My toolspace disappeared when I run the new service update and started Civil 3D as Autocad. At the same time i also used Autocad 2006 and had to run a hotfix for an eDupplicate bug.
For me it seems when I open civil it always opens as autocad2009 since I did it once after I run the service update.
Message 4 of 12
Sinc

Did you remove the "/p ProfileName" part from the Windows shortcut you use to launch the program? (By default, the shortcut is set to load the Unnamed Profile, so it typically has "/p <<Unnamed Profile>> in the properties of the Windows shortcut.)

If you removed the "/p ProfileName" flag, then C3D will startup using the profile you used last, in this case, the "AutoCAD" profile, which starts "C3D as Autocad".

If you go to OPTIONS and load set the Unnamed Profile current, it should get you back to C3D. However, once you have a good C3D profile again, it is a good idea to rename it, so that it isn't called "Unnamed Profile". The "Unnamed Profile" seems to get clobbered with every service pack install.

-- Sinc
http://ejsurveying.com
http://www.quux.biz
http://sincpac3d.com
Sinc
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

I don't really know how to remove the "/p ProfileName" part, so I guess I didn't. But I checked my profiles and started civil with the unnamed profile which didn't make a difference to the fact that it is still starting as Autocad. I then started "c3 as cad" and changed the profile to "unnamed profile" and I got the same screen as in C3.
Is there a change of getting it back by repairing the program?
Message 6 of 12
kdepfyffer

I wrote something on the secondary install somewhere, that will fix it but also remove any custom cui changes you made. The /p is in the link to start civil, just right click on the icon and go to properties, on the shortcut tab look in the target box and remove the /p and everything after it. That will cause it to use the last profile. You can also leave the /p and put the path to the profile/arg you want to use every time
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

ok, we found out that even if I delete all profiles in the explorer and copy a working one from another computer it wont start correctly.it then creates a new profile unnamed profile which still misses the toolspace.
Message 8 of 12
kdepfyffer

This is how I take care of the secondary install which works well for me.
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6007102
if you are not comfortable with that look up secondary install on autodesk's website and they have direction on how to do it. beats reinstalling everything if you don't have to.
BTW if you dont understand what that batch file is doing I would be happy to explain it. Message was edited by: kdepfyffer
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

only a re-install could help. second install didn't work. Is running fine now. Thanks for your help anyway
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

It could be due to incomplete search paths settings in AutoCAD options settings.

Try this link (for AutoCAD Map) but Civil will be similar:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14986736&linkID=9240857

It lists the minimum required support paths for each release of AutoCAD.

Worked for me.

Message 11 of 12
C3D_TomR

I realize that this post if very old but since it pulled up while I was searching for a resolution to the same issue described here, I decided to post a link to my solution on this thread in case others find their way here in the future. This solution should also fix visibility problems for other missing palettes as well such as Sheet Set Manager and the Properties Palette.

My solution:

1. Rename then replace the current CUIX with the original or one from another computer that works.
  2. Then drag/drop your current workspace back into the replacement file, save, set as default, and set current.

More detailed step by step instructions can be found here: Missing Toolspace in Civil 3D

DragDropWorkspace.gif

Tom Richardson
CAD Manager
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn

If you find an answer to your question, please mark Accept as Solution so others can find it...

Tom Richardson

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature
Autodesk Certified Professional in Civil 3D for Infrastructure Design
AutoCAD Certified Professional
------------------------------------
Autodesk AEC Community Blog
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn
------------------------------------
Austin CAD User Group Resources
Blog | Discord | LinkedIn

Autodesk Group Network Leader

Message 12 of 12

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report