Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing submenus under points in settings tab

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
1Dynomike
474 Views, 6 Replies

Missing submenus under points in settings tab

I have a relativly new install of Civil3D 2014. It appears to be missing the submenus under points in the settings tab. How can i solve this. Here are 2 screen shots, 1 of what I have and 1 of what should be. In searching for the description keys, I found them, and others to be missing. would a reinstall solve the problem, and how do I reinstall without using an available seat. TIA

Missing.JPG      Missing.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
doni49
in reply to: 1Dynomike

Those are not sub-menus.  They're styles within your template file (or in this case, NOT in your template file).  You need to copy them over from the template that does have them.  Or use the same template.

Now I don't know enough about the diffs between 2014 and previous versions to tell you whether or not you can simply use the old template.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 7
1Dynomike

I see, however, the 2 screen shots are from 2 dif machines using the same template file.
Message 4 of 7
doni49

The images are pretty blurry.  But they both look the same to me.  Where are the differences?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 7
1Dynomike
in reply to: doni49

I'll attempt to add Larger images.Missing.JPGCapture.JPG

Message 6 of 7
Pointdump

DM,

Your first screengrabs both said "Labels Only View". Your second set of screengrabs are different. One says "Labels Only View" and the other says "Active Drawing Settings View".

Active_Drawing.png

I think if you change to "Master View" or "Active Drawing Settings View" you'll have your tree back.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 7 of 7
1Dynomike
in reply to: Pointdump

Never even noticed....that was it. Thank you much!! have a great day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report