Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "Profile" Menu

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
awilliams
2562 Views, 13 Replies

Missing "Profile" Menu

I know I'm working on an old system (Autodesk Civil 3D) but it is all I have for this week. Anyway...I went to profile an alignment and noticed that there isn't a profile menu. How do I get it back? Please don't tell me I have to re-install 2006.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: awilliams

is the profile menu the only one missing?

Craig

Message 3 of 14
awilliams

No layout, cross sections, hydrology, pipes, and sheet manager are missing too.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Add them in via your UI. Right click on a toolbar and click Customize.  Add them to your current workspace.

If need be, look at tutorial for customizing your workspace in the UI.

Message 5 of 14
awilliams

They aren't there. It is also throwing a error looking for a pdfmacad.cui and pdfic.cui. I searched for these on my computer and I don't have these.

Message 6 of 14
Jeff_M

Sounds like you are using LandDesktop, not C3D. LDT had seperate modules for the Civil Applications up until LDT2008(?). You will likely need to install that module. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 14
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Jeff_M

If it is LDD and the Civil module is installed I believe you still must switch to the Land Desktop Complete workspace to see the Profile menu.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 14
awilliams

I've unloaded Civil Design and reloaded it...still missing menus. Any other suggestions?

Message 9 of 14
jmayo-EE

If you do not have an AutoCAD toolbar named Workspace as seen in the attached that will change the menus then you may have an older version. Try going to the Project menu and loading the Civil menu palatte.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 14
awilliams

I have the workspace toolbar and I've tried to re-load the civildesign menu but I still don't have those menus. What is going on? I've been working on this all day.

Message 11 of 14
jmayo-EE

Do you have all of the required updates installed? Have you gone into the CUI to see if the Civil Design workspace is populated with the menus you expect? Are you aware that there is a limit to the number of menus you can have? I think it is 22.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
awilliams
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I'll check the updates, but in CUI menu doesn't even show the menus (profile, cross section, etc). They were there a couple of months ago and now they are gone.

Message 13 of 14
jmayo-EE

How many menus do you have in the workspace? If you had more than the limit LDD will not save the excess.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 14 of 14
awilliams
in reply to: jmayo-EE

15...I've attached two screen prints to show you what I've got.                                      

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report