Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Profile View Band Labels

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
ksorsby
7356 Views, 16 Replies

Missing Profile View Band Labels

Hi,

I cannot for the life of me get the start and end labels for any band to display within a profile view. Each band has the 'label start' and 'label end' labels ticked and the major/minor labels display at every other point but don't display anything at the start of the view or end. The profile views are taken from a simple straight alignment and the profiles themselves extend the full length of the view.

Any ideas why or how to fix?

Cheers,

Kevin
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: ksorsby

Have you checked the geometry points to label dialogue?

See attached picture.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 17
Karen10482

I don't have civil3d in front of me right now, but I believe all you have to do is right click the profile, click profile properties, then click on the data bands tab, and make sure that you fill in the the circle next to start and end station. This will give you your major and minor labels in your data band at the start and end. I think that's what you're looking for.
Message 4 of 17
ksorsby

Thanks for your replies. Having the 'label start' and 'end' chainages ticked on doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever. Whilst I agree that it may be something to do with Geometry Points, I now have the following issues with the bands:

- I can only display levels (at either of my 3 profiles) at Major and Minor chainages, despite all horizontal and vertical geometry points being turned on, the text being set to 'profile 1 level' and the displays for them turned on
- I can't display chainage texts at any horizontal points, only the ticks, except for the zero and end chainage points which don't display ticks

I'm just really surprised that the beginning and end chainages aren't considered Major and therefore aren't easy to display. Does anyone else have issues like this? or is it me? ;o)

Any more thoughts?
Message 5 of 17
za_julie

The missing start/end chainage issue is a bug in the program. The solution, given to me by my local Autodesk retailer, is to turn OFF the last four label bulbs in the display tab. See attached screen shot.
It's counter-intuitive to turn them off, but doing so makes the start/end chainages show up.
Julie
Message 6 of 17
ksorsby

Thanks Julie,

Doesn't seem to work here unfortunately. If I turn off the four bulbs then they still don't appear, and all of my intermediate chainages (at IP's etc.) of course disappear. I can get the 0 and end chainages to display with the horizontal geometry start and ends turned on so that's a workaround.

However, in what I suspect is a related issue, it will not display profile levels at any point in a band other than at major/minor intervals either, even though all the profile geometry points are on, the layers are on, the bulbs are on, the labels set to true, profile1 correctly allocated etc..

If this is a bug, it's a major one in my opinion! Surely it can't be that difficult to display levels on a long section at specific places. Does anyone know if there are plans to sort this out or who i can shout at about it? Autodesk UK seem generally disinterested in these kind of things.

Cheers,

Kevin
Message 7 of 17
za_julie

Hi Kevin,
Sorry it didn't work for you. I tend to make a lot of noise at the local level (with my Autodesk reseller) when I have an issue like this. He's always really good about helping me out. As I said, his workaround solved this problem for me and for other of his clients, as well. I think my particular strain of "missing chainage levels" bug probably came with the South African country kit install (which is based on the UK version of C3D, I'm sure), since it doesn't seem from these boards that people in the U.S. are having the problem. (I am using the U.S. install of C3D with the S. Africa country kit loaded on top).
Good luck trying to get better answers!
Julie
Message 8 of 17
cjohnson03
in reply to: za_julie

@za_julie wrote:
The missing start/end chainage issue is a bug in the program. The solution, given to me by my local Autodesk retailer, is to turn OFF the last four label bulbs in the display tab. See attached screen shot.
It's counter-intuitive to turn them off, but doing so makes the start/end chainages show up.
Julie

I've been trying to fix this forever, and this worked for me, still an issue in 2012 version of Civil3D.  Thanks!

Message 9 of 17
andrewpuller3811

Have you checked the label components of the Horizontal Geometry Point and  Vertical Geometry Point labels in the profile band style? (Profile Data Band Style -> Band Display tab -> Label and ticks list box -> Horizontal Geometry Point then click Compose label.. button)

I've been caught out on some drawings where the band styles were not fully configured.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Civil 3d 2021
Message 10 of 17
Joe-Bouza

Have you verified the correct profiles are mapped to the band?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 11 of 17
Debra_Hughes
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I also have this problem.  One way to fix it I found is to start the profile at 10+00.01 instead of 10+00.00 (as an example).  For some reason, the 0.01 at the end of the station to start the profile makes the beginning station appear on the Profile View.

Message 12 of 17

Your reply reminded me of a message I posted previously here -

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Missing-Band-Data-at-endpoints/m-p/3939817#M2...

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Civil 3d 2021
Message 13 of 17
pj123
in reply to: Debra_Hughes

Adding a minus figure to the station range also works in the user specified range start field.

Message 14 of 17
gregory.mohacsi
in reply to: pj123

There is also on Profile View Properties >> Bands >> set the weeding factor to zero. 

This one catches me out from time to time. 

Message 15 of 17
lazar1978

Dear All,

Have you checked the "Data Source" in the band?

You have to choose and set the right Network source. If empty or wrong  pipe network is chosen you won't see any label in the Profile View. This "Data Source" is on the main Profile View Properties window. ( I lost half day to find it :(.)

Message 16 of 17
TiStars

Had same issue and got it fixed by untick "Profile Start" and "Profile End" at Geometry Points to Label in Bands->Profile Points while tick "Alignment Beginning" and "Alignment End"  

TiStars_0-1617701414432.png

天涯海角的山姆

您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。

您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

Message 17 of 17

This is the correct answer.

the label info was empty.

Had this problem for a while

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report