Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Profile Grade Labels

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Cre9engr
994 Views, 9 Replies

Missing Profile Grade Labels

I hate this program!

I have a scenerio where grade labels are missing for any lines that extend beyond the edge of the profile view.  (Please see the attached jpg.)  The scenerio is similiar to the problem described in the following discussion group:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Profile-labels/m-p/3624892#M185643.  I tried implementing the recommended solution by adding a line component and setting the anchor to "Tangent Start In View" and "Tangent End In View" without any luck.  Does anyone have any more ideas to make this thing work?

Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200
-Civil 3D user since 2007
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Cre9engr

I love this Program!

Sorry for your frustration

are you refering the the tangent grade to teh left? Copy the label from the adjacent view with a drag state without a leader? Add a PVI and don't show its label? Cange the weeding value  of the line label? Add another Line label in the composer that anhors to the right end?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Jeff_M

Fred, I use that exact same method for my labels. Be sure you change the anchor for the text to be the line component, not the <Feature>

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 10
Cre9engr
in reply to: Jeff_M

Joe,

1. Yes, I'm refering to the tangent grade to the left.
  2. The label is also not showing up for the same grade in the adjacent profile.
  3. I have not tried the adding a PVI at the break between the profile views....yet.
  4. The weeding value for the line label is set to 0.
  5. Haven't tried a line label that anchors to the right end.....yet.

Jeff,

1. The anchor for the text is already set to the line component.
Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200
Message 5 of 10
Jeff_M

One more image, Fred. What do the settings for the Line Component look like?
EESignature
Message 6 of 10
Cre9engr

Jeff,

Here are the settings for the line component.

Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200
Message 7 of 10
Jeff_M

Well isn't that just nifty? This label works correctly when the profile stationing goes Left -> Right, but reverse the profileview and the same label no longer works at the edge ... as you've already found. I would classify this as a defect.
EESignature
Message 8 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Jeff,

I'm not sure I'd consider that a defect. The line is using Start in View and End in View, in that order. I read it as the start & end are station value, so it starts on the right and ends on the left (opposite of what the profile view that reads left to right does).  If I flip the values of the line it works as expected.

IMHO

2014-04-09_15-03-11.jpg

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 9 of 10
Jeff_M
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Thanks, Lisa. I should've posted that I tested the flipping of the anchors as well, however it did not work in my case (also in 2012 SP4). Here's an image showing the settings for the labels in the reverse direction, yet the same labels do not show in both profile views (the one on the right uses the original label style).

4-9-2014 1-24-58 PM.png

EESignature
Message 10 of 10
Cre9engr

Lisa,

I just tested your solution on my computer, and it's still not working for me.  Right now, just to move the project along, I placed static, dumb mtext objects with the correct grade.  Then, I added a cloud and note on the Defpoints layer letting me know "Hey. Stupid. This is a dumb mtext and will not automatically update."

Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report