Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Material List in Volume Table

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dorkyfreak
741 Views, 2 Replies

Missing Material List in Volume Table

i want to show the volume table of the materials in each sections, but for some reason whenever I add the table, there would be no materials to choose from.  

This is what I do: 

- Open "View Group Properties"

- click open "Change Volume Tables"

- add "Type"Material" table to the list of volume tables

After I click the add button, it should give a list of materials to choose from to show in the table, but it's empty instead as if there aren't any materials. (see screen shot attachment)

I've checked many times the alignment and sample line group are the same ones as the section views and the material list does have all the materials I want the sections to calculate. The section views themselves even show the hatching of the different materials, but for some reason I cannot create a Material Volume table. 

I was able to do this for the section views of a different alignment in the same drawing. I dunno why it would behave different for a different alignment. 

Is this a glitch for 2012 Civil 3D?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KTitus
in reply to: dorkyfreak

Did you find a solution to your problem? I believe i'm having a similar issue in C3D 2014 SP2

Message 3 of 3
s.adami
in reply to: dorkyfreak

Ten years later and I'm having the exact same problem.

Select Material dropmenu is empty even if I have materials correctly shown in the section views.

Writing here in the hope someone read and answer.

sadami_0-1680173959700.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report