Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Alignment Extension Lines

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sduffin
2273 Views, 6 Replies

Missing Alignment Extension Lines

All,

Is anyone else having trouble getting their aligment tangent extension lines to the PI to show up? I have a brand new drawing, created an alignment, applied a style with the line extensions turned on, and I get no extension lines. I have made sure all the marker points are turned on too. I have attached a file that shows the results of applying the style. I have made sure all the layers are on too.

Any ideas? This should be very simple!

Thanks,

Scott
2008 SP3
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sduffin

Did you create the alingment from a polyline? If so, you won't get any
extension lines. Also, if you created tangents that weren't end to end then
added curves.

Matt
Message 3 of 7
RTUCKER3141

Well, thats just frigging great. Since 90% of all alignments are generated that way. Who's bright idea was this??
Message 4 of 7
Razzmatazz

Have you tried going to alignment properties, intersection point tab and at the implied intersecton point display option, check either 'By change in alignment direction' or 'By individual curves and curve groups'

Message 5 of 7
charlie
in reply to: Razzmatazz

Yes!  Thanks Razzmatazz

C

Message 6 of 7
jmayo-EE

We should note for future readers that this option was not available until the 2012 version. If some is using 05 to 11 this option will not be found.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
jmayo-EE

We should note for future readers that this option was not available until the 2012 version. If someone is using 05 to 11 this option will not be found.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report