Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minor stationing label biased in Dview Twist

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pottsk1
2297 Views, 4 Replies

Minor stationing label biased in Dview Twist

Good Morning!

I don't use stationing or alignment tools in Civil 3D very often. I have a project where I need to do a plan and profile. The plan view I have had to use the Dview>Twist at a 45 degree angle in the viewport. My minor stationing labels are showing up in the viewport upside down. I have gone in and changed the bias in the label style, some labels changed, but others did not. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! 

Kim Potts
AutoCAD/Survey Tech
Merritt LS L.L.C..
743 Horizon Ct. Suite 100B
Grand Junction, CO 81506
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: pottsk1

@pottsk1 wrote:
My minor stationing labels are showing up in the viewport upside down. I have gone in and changed the bias in the label style, some labels changed, but others did not.

Try selecting an Alignment label > Right click > Edit Alignment Labels > Edit the Minor Station Style being used here > General Tab of Label Style Composer > Plan Readability > Plan Readable "True" > Readability Bias 110 deg.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: pottsk1

Kim,

I've seen that behavior with a UCS. I've had to "flip it over" to get the labels "un-backward". Is your ViewCube upside-down?

Try Dview >> Twist >> (Minus)45, or (Minus)225. See what that does.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 5
pottsk1
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks Jay. I changed the bias to 90 degrees.
Kim Potts
AutoCAD/Survey Tech
Merritt LS L.L.C..
Grand Junction, CO 81506
Message 5 of 5
pottsk1
in reply to: Pointdump

Dave,
I used the -45 degrees in my twist. I did figure out that the label isn't really upside down. It's more a issue of the angle of my alignment in that area. (I'm being too **** about it.) You can read both major and minor labels from the bottom (south) up (north). I figured this out by twisting my view your suggested 225 degrees and that did flip everything upside down. So I knew that I had them in the correct position.
Thank you for the suggestion, it helped me solve the issue!
Kim
Kim Potts
AutoCAD/Survey Tech
Merritt LS L.L.C..
Grand Junction, CO 81506

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report