Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Infrastructure Design Suite

95 REPLIES 95
Message 1 of 96
terryl
1571 Views, 95 Replies

Migration to Infrastructure Design Suite

Has anyone seen any emails from autodesk on the migration to infrastructure design suite, my reseller as told me about it, but said autodesk has sent out emails on it and I have not seen anything from them on it.  Just check to see if anyone else has seen them.

Thanks

Terry

Civil 3D 2021
Dell 5510
Win 10 Pro X64
Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz
32 GB ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
95 REPLIES 95
Message 41 of 96
ACADuser
in reply to: DarrenP

There is more to this than I thought originally.

>>>>>>>>>>

1.9 Can a customer partially opt in? For example, if a customer has 10 seats and they want to only upgrade 5 of the 10, is that an option available to them with the change in the program?

Customers with English language product can denote how many seats they would like to opt out via the appropriate opt out web form provided in their email communication.

Customers with non-English product can denote how many seats they would like to opt in via the appropriate opt in web form provided in their email communication.

>>>>>>>>>>

Reading through this is like the conundrum of choosing which cable company and package to go with.  Hopefully our IT department understands the ramifications of their decision on this.

ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
Message 42 of 96
dgorsman
in reply to: ACADuser

Administrative fig-leaf.  Purchasers would be complaining that they were "opted in" without any choice (I think there was some complaints about negative billing) despite a virtual flood of information.  Now that it is "opt out" by default they would be complaining that they didn't get the free upgrade because they did nothing.

Either way, purchasers want to do nothing and still get *exactly* what they want without informing AutoDesk/reseller/whatever of what that is.

And yes - it has been a lousy morning.  Some software peed in my virtual cornflakes.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 43 of 96
c.bergthold
in reply to: ACADuser

I am not sure given the information provided by Autodesk anyone can understand the ramifications of their decision.

What are subscription prices going to be in the future for the suites?  How much is it going to cost me to downgrade if subscription prices increase in the future?  Autodesk has only further muddied the water by changing the date and opt in/out procedure.

Cory
Message 44 of 96
mathewkol
in reply to: terryl

An initial thought of mine was this...

A month ago, customer A discuvers that they have automatically upgraded to the IDS-P because they had Civil 3D last year.  They think "Great!", i don't have to do anything because i only need to opt out; if i do nothing, i have the product.

Now, they're thinking they have this product, but of course, with this new announcement they don't, unless they opt in.  How are they to know they now have to opt in?

I've been informed that customers should be receiving en email shortly informing them that in order to receove the Suites, they need to opt in.  Unless they delete that email without really reading it 🙂

I fully understand the current behavior, you have to opt in.  Here in Canada, "negative billing" is illegal.  meaning, that you can't force payment on people if they don't opt out.  I assume this is one of the reasons for the change this week.

At any rate this is a classic cluster !!!! and is proving very inconvenient for resellers and customers alike.  Not to mention all of the trouble people are having with serial numbers due to the auto-upgraded suites.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 45 of 96
DarrenP
in reply to: mathewkol

here is a copy of the email:

http://autodesk.onemedia-mailservice.com/view/subscription-updates/browser.php?hf=F98F3B4D52B14B7B.h...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 46 of 96
neilyj666

I was under the impression that I had chosen the upgrade but apparently I haven't....it would be interesting to know the real reason for this U-turn in policy but I guess we will never know.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 47 of 96
DarrenP
in reply to: neilyj666

according to autodesk it was based off of feedback from customers

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 48 of 96
neilyj666

I just looked at the opt in link and it wants my civil 3d 2014 serial number but I don't have civil 3d 2014 as I migrated from civil 3d 2013 to IDSP 2014 or have I? I don't have a serial no. for c3d 2014 as such...

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

Message 49 of 96
DarrenP

i asked autodesk that question here is what they said

Entering the 2013 serial number for Civil 3D and/or Map 3D as applicable is fine and we will process accordingly.

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 50 of 96
mathewkol

Just keeps getting better 🙂
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 51 of 96
neilyj666

thanks for that...although I was perfectly satisfied with the current arrangements...perhaps feedback from from customers translates as fear of being sued

EESignature

Message 52 of 96
DarrenP
in reply to: mathewkol

i guess they assumed everybody opted out

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 53 of 96
jggerth1

I finally located the 'official' email  describing the new opt-it/opt-out charlie foxtrot.  Since instead of coming from Autodesk it came from some third party purveyor of email lists my spam filter caught it and buried it.

Anything from Autodesk.com always gets though,  something from some place called onemedia-eamilservice.com looks like spam, and automatically ends up in the same place as the pharmacy/iagro/ukranian sweetheart offers.

Not to pick to much, but a company the size of Autodesk should not be farming out critical customer communications to some thirdparty low bidder.  I will pick however, on the poor level of communication in that email.  Reading a half dozen times I'm still not 100% clear on what I need to do in my situation.  Guess sub center may well have to put a real human being to work answering my questions.

Message 54 of 96
philip.s
in reply to: jggerth1

Hi James!

I can also help you out here if you'd like to detail the specifics of your situation.

Message 55 of 96
tcorey

@jggerth1 wrote:

I finally located the 'official' email  describing the new opt-it/opt-out charlie foxtrot.  ... Reading a half dozen times I'm still not 100% clear on what I need to do in my situation.  Guess sub center may well have to put a real human being to work answering my questions.

Charlie Foxtrot. I get it.That's funny. I haven't been so clever describing this situation, all day long, to my customers. I must have had twenty calls on this subject.

What you need to do: If you want to receive the free Infrastructure Design Suite Premium upgrade, you must Opt-in, per today's email, by July 15. If you do not want the free upgrade, you can either Opt-out or do nothing.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 56 of 96
neilyj666
in reply to: philip.s

The below extract from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21896636&linkID=9240978&CMP=OTC-RSS... with my red italicised text

"...1.1 Why is Autodesk changing the previously communicated automatic upgrade program for Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D and Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D Subscription customers to Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suites Premium and Standard?

Autodesk is making a change to the program based on feedback from customers who have expressed a desire to have the option to opt in and take advantage of a $0 cost upgrade to move to Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Premium or Standard based on their eligibility rather than being automatically upgraded and asked to opt out if they oppose. We believe that the Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite is the right solution for our customers, but we are changing the automatic upgrade offer to allow customers the freedom to choose and make the best decision for their business. The previously communicated program is no longer offered and is being replaced with the revised program detailed below. Any action taken by an eligible customer based on the previous communication will be honored...."

I have upgraded to IDSP 2014 from C3D 2103 under the previously advised method and have the next year's subscription in subs centre along with IDSP Serial Number. Is this new opt in/opt out intended for those customers who have not committed one way or the other?

Based on the red text above, surely I am not expected to have to opt in again - can someone from Autodesk clarify this?

EESignature

Message 57 of 96
AllenJessup

JGerth wrote:

Anything from Autodesk.com always gets though,  something from some place called onemedia-eamilservice.com looks like spam.

Not to pick to much, but a company the size of Autodesk should not be farming out critical customer communications to some thirdparty low bidder.

I don't know about your case. But my email came from [ "Autodesk" <noreply@autodesk.com ].

The email should look likes THIS. I had received other emails regarding this from resellers who have me on their mailing list. So you may have gotten yours from another source.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 58 of 96
DarrenP

@neilyj666 wrote:

I have upgraded to IDSP 2014 from C3D 2103 under the previously advised method and have the next year's subscription in subs centre along with IDSP Serial Number. Is this new opt in/opt out intended for those customers who have not committed one way or the other?

Based on the red text above, surely I am not expected to have to opt in again - can someone from Autodesk clarify this?

1.14 If a customer wants to continue using the Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Premium and/or Standard as part of the automatic upgrade, is any action required?

Yes, customers should opt in through the web form provided in the email communication they have recently received.

yes you have to opt in again

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 59 of 96
neilyj666
in reply to: DarrenP

This para (1.14) seems to directly contradict what is in para 1.1 which I highlighted in red in my previous post.

I have raised a support request on this so hopefully the definitive answer will be given at some point before 15th July...:)

EESignature

Message 60 of 96
tcorey

Neil, if you want to keep the suite, follow the link and opt-in again. I was told by Autodesk that even our customers who have renewed and paid the higher IDSP renewal will not be considered Opted-in unless they follow that link and specifically opt-in. You would think that if someone renewed the suite it would be considered and opt-in, but I was told no.

My question to Autodesk was:

What happens to those customers who renewed their contracts, for (new to them) IDSP, between March 28 and now? Do they also have to Opt-in or is their previous renewal considered to be their Opt-in?

• And the answer:

• For Civil 3D 2013 and/or Map 3D 2013 customers on Subscription who are eligible for this program and who renewed between March 28th and present, they do need to Opt in based on the new communication they will receive on June 11th.
  • The reason for this is because:
    • We want to be sure that the customer gets to make the choice and select the product that best suits their business needs.
    • The previously communicated program allowed them to renew and then still opt out at a later time.  We want to make sure this is exactly what the customer wants.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report