Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Infrastructure Design Suite

95 REPLIES 95
Message 1 of 96
terryl
1562 Views, 95 Replies

Migration to Infrastructure Design Suite

Has anyone seen any emails from autodesk on the migration to infrastructure design suite, my reseller as told me about it, but said autodesk has sent out emails on it and I have not seen anything from them on it.  Just check to see if anyone else has seen them.

Thanks

Terry

Civil 3D 2021
Dell 5510
Win 10 Pro X64
Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz
32 GB ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
95 REPLIES 95
Message 2 of 96
neilyj666
in reply to: terryl

Yes if you are on Subscription you will be upgraded (for free.!?!?!) to ISDP 2014 (from Civil 3D 2013) but you can opt out (although not sure of timing)

The subscription for next year will increase and there may be a big cost to downgrade later back to standalone Civil 3D

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 96
terryl
in reply to: neilyj666

Have you received any emails from autodesk on this.  Just worried I'm not getting all the emails they send out.

Civil 3D 2021
Dell 5510
Win 10 Pro X64
Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz
32 GB ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 4 of 96
neilyj666

I've had a couple....extract of one attached

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 96
terryl

That is interesting, I see you received that back in March.  I have not received one email about this. The way it reads it has already been released, have you downloaded and installed it yet?  When I log into the subscription site my license still shows all Civil 3D not IDSP.

Civil 3D 2021
Dell 5510
Win 10 Pro X64
Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz
32 GB ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 6 of 96
neilyj666

It's been downloading for the past 4 hours or so.......I think it was released today.

My subscription has been renewed recently as well so perhaps this is why?

EESignature

Message 7 of 96
terryl

Thank you, I guess I will keep looking for an email and checking the download site.

Civil 3D 2021
Dell 5510
Win 10 Pro X64
Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz
32 GB ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 8 of 96
n2itive

Does anyone know if the download is only available to select people or regions as of today?  We renued our subscription last month and I've heard the new release would be available today. However, I'm not seeing anything when I go to the subscription center.

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Message 9 of 96
neilyj666

and be aware that it is a 45GB download.....2013-04-18 16_32_43-Reply to Message - Autodesk Discussion Groups.jpg

EESignature

Message 10 of 96
mathewkol
in reply to: n2itive

It can take a little while for all contacts to be fulfilled on the sub centre, be patient, it will show up.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 11 of 96
dgorsman

Check the subscription center settings - while you may be able to download, your rights may not be high enough for them to send the emails to.  For example, I can download our Navisworks installs but the email notifications go to my boss who is listed as the contract manager (or some such).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 96
AllenJessup

I don't believe you'll have to make a decision before close to the end of the year. That is unless you're subscription comes up for renewal before then. I don't know what will happen in that case.

Subscription cost will go up for the next renewal. How much depends on how many seats you have and how many seats of another product you can drop. In our case we have 5 C3D and 1 RD. Being able to drop the 1 seat of Raster Design will very nearly cover the cost of the suite. Then we'll have 5 seats of RD plus all the others. So a good deal for us.

I'd encourage everyone to discuss this with your reseller to see when you'll have to opt-out and how this will affect you dollar wise.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 13 of 96
Cadguru42

@neilyj666 wrote:

and be aware that it is a 45GB download.....2013-04-18 16_32_43-Reply to Message - Autodesk Discussion Groups.jpg

Did anyone else notice that the actual screen for the download says 12.4GB while the download manager says 45.4GB? I cancelled the 45.4GB download to do the browser download, but apparently Autodesk set it up for 4 different file downloads from a single click and Chrome doesn't like it. I went back to using the Download Manager and guess I'll just wait the half a day to get it downloaded since Autodesk is being so inefficient. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 14 of 96
AllenJessup
in reply to: Cadguru42

@engrtech wrote:

Did anyone else notice that the actual screen for the download says 12.4GB while the download manager says 45.4GB?

That's palpably the size for the Download Manager. Smiley Surprised

BTW. The Download Manger tells me it's a 36.9GB download. [Nope. That was how much was downloaded. Now up to 109927 days]

Interesting. A moment ago it told me there were 4 minutes left to finish the download. Now it say 13 days - 8 hours remaining. I really hope that wrong. Smiley Frustrated

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 15 of 96
Jeff_M

@engrtech wrote:
Did anyone else notice that the actual screen for the download says 12.4GB while the download manager says 45.4GB?  

This is something that I was told by Autodesk is normal. The Download Manager extracts the files as it is downloading, So the compressed files, if downloaded by themselves, are 12.4 gb, but once downloaded you would need to extract them and those extracted files would expand to the larger reported size. In the end, both methods of downloading will result in the same size of the install package. Make sense? 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 16 of 96
neilyj666
in reply to: Jeff_M

So why not just download the 12.4Gb and reinflate at the user end?

EESignature

Message 17 of 96
Jeff_M

Because it actually takes longer, start to finish. I tested it last year, and it saved about 30 minutes by using the Manager vs direct download and manual extraction.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 18 of 96
Cadguru42
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

@engrtech wrote:

This is something that I was told by Autodesk is normal. The Download Manager extracts the files as it is downloading, So the compressed files, if downloaded by themselves, are 12.4 gb, but once downloaded you would need to extract them and those extracted files would expand to the larger reported size. In the end, both methods of downloading will result in the same size of the install package. Make sense? 

I know the expanded files would equal 45.4GB, but is that how much is being downloaded from Autodesk's servers? Why not report the actual download size? It makes it seem as if I'm downloading 45.4GB instead of the 12.4GB. If it truly is downloading 45.4GB then Autodesk needs to fire whomever is in charge of their webservers as an extra 33GB of bandwidth per user is huge. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 19 of 96
neilyj666

Not sure if 12.4Gb or 45.4Gb was downloaded but it took from about 09:00 to 18:30 to download

EESignature

Message 20 of 96
terryl

I see the Building Design Suite is also in my download area, anyone know if i need to download this too.

Civil 3D 2021
Dell 5510
Win 10 Pro X64
Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz
32 GB ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report