Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIgration from Civ 3D, LDT 05 to Civ 3D, LDT 06

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
175 Views, 6 Replies

MIgration from Civ 3D, LDT 05 to Civ 3D, LDT 06

I have been looking around this site for info on installing Civil 3D, LDT, Survey, Civil 06. We are wanting to install the new version ASAP, however we are planning on testing it our with a select amount of users before we roll it out to the rest of the company. Is there any known problems that we might encounter when trying to install this while keeping everyone else in the company running on 05? Is this even possible due to licensing? Am I required to uninstall 05 before we go to 06, hopefully not? I would think they would allow some type of migration time, 30 days or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you're on subscription, you can run as long as you like...check with your
reseller to verify the details.

We've not run into any major issues with the migration on our select
machines. It's more mental....

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Technology Manager &
Associate
Jones & Boyd, Inc.
Dallas, TX
XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G
LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Agreed James. It's also easier if you read the appropriate documentation
before the setup process. It's all available on the Setup dialog.

John

"James Wedding" wrote in message
news:4842521@discussion.autodesk.com...
If you're on subscription, you can run as long as you like...check with your
reseller to verify the details.

We've not run into any major issues with the migration on our select
machines. It's more mental....

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Technology Manager &
Associate
Jones & Boyd, Inc.
Dallas, TX
XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G
LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 4 of 7
bruce.jordan

How about the layer vs style option?
We are getting ready to implement c3d 2006, and was wondering if it's still "preferred" to setup styles based on layers rather than style for the reason of xref's as it was in 2005.

TIA
Bruce
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I learned from my sales reseller's "Tech Support" there ia an issue with License Manager for running 2005 and 2006 products side by side. AutoDesk has a hotfix for this.
You have to uninstall the current 2005 license manager and install the 2006 version then merge the licenses along with the hotfix is how it was explained to me.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

So is it correct in assuming that you don't have a choice in upgrading to 06. For instance we would like to test out 06 in our company before we roll it out to the rest of the office. But if you are forced to uninstall the 05 License Manager to install the 06 LM, does that mean that the 05 licenses will reference the 06 LM until they are upgraded with the new version of Cad? My head hurts, j/j I would have thought with Autodesk go to a new release each year they would make it easy for people to migrate without having to halt production.

Also, what hotfix are you talking about?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Please disregard the hotfix quesitons, I found it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report