AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

dunganeng
Message 1 of 3 (83 Views)

Migrating Points from LDD toCivil 3D

83 Views, 2 Replies
01-13-2004 06:23 AM
I am trying to migrate a LDD project to a Civil 3D project. I can't get the existing points that are in my LDD project to the Civil 3D project. Should these existing points show up in my new Civil 3D project?
*Henry Sanders
Message 2 of 3 (83 Views)

Re: Migrating Points from LDD toCivil 3D

01-15-2004 07:44 AM in reply to: dunganeng
For the present time, points have to be in a drawing that is attached to a project. To get LDT points into a project, do the following: Points menu > Create Points > [Category:] Import Points > [Command:] External Project Point Database -- Henry Sanders Autodesk ISD Civil Test Development "dunganeng" wrote in message news:19379251.1074003820317.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to migrate a LDD project to a Civil 3D project. I can't get the existing points that are in my LDD project to the Civil 3D project. Should these existing points show up in my new Civil 3D project?
*Henry Sanders
Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)

Re: Migrating Points from LDD toCivil 3D

01-15-2004 08:07 AM in reply to: dunganeng
I forgot to mention, that once the Points are in the Project Drawing, they then need to be added to the Project using the following steps: Select the Drawing Point node Select the Points in the item list and right click Select Add to Project and chose the desired option from the Check in options. -- Henry Sanders Autodesk ISD Civil Test Development "dunganeng" wrote in message news:19379251.1074003820317.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to migrate a LDD project to a Civil 3D project. I can't get the existing points that are in my LDD project to the Civil 3D project. Should these existing points show up in my new Civil 3D project?
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.