Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microdrainage Link

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2562 Views, 10 Replies

Microdrainage Link

Hi,

we have installed the 2014 Infrastructure Design Suite which includes the C3D 2014 release. I have ensured to install the UKIE pack threr dosn't seem to be any link for Microdrainage (Windes). has this been missed, if so where can i get the link from.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

The link has been removed from the UK and Ireland Country Kit for 2014, we are not sure of the reasoning.

However it has been made available as a seperate product extension that can be downloaded and installed from http://subscription.autodesk.com

I hope this helps,

Mathew Webber

Micro Drainage Support

01635 582555

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

thanks Mathew,

i had a notification that the download was available on the subscription centre so I downloaded it and the Civils guy's are happy again.

Andy

Message 4 of 11
troma

What does Microdrainage do? It sounds interesting.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 11
ScotBIM

What did you download and install?

I've installed the Productivity Pack, and the Microdrainage (and other tools, GENIO import, etc) aren't there. In fact there are two Productivity Tools available on Subscription Center:

Autodesk_AutoCAD_C3D_Productivity_Pack1_English_UK_Win_64bit

and

Autodesk_AutoCAD_C3D_Productivity_Pack1_English_Win_64bit

Neither have the tools . . .

Message 6 of 11
MikeEvansUK

Windes Microdrinage is a "UK Approved" software program for designing strorm & foul water systems. Approved and generally accepted calcalations from all water authorities without question.

You get the windes tool from the UK country kit. It will be displayed on the toolspace under subscription extensions. if you can not see this then something is amiss. Check the location %DataDir%\Reports\WinDes\MDLink.dll That's where it should be. If you see the file it will work when netloaded but unfortunalty it does not have an autoload added so advanced users can manually add this into the registry. Edit below for R2014 and merge into the registry but at your own risk.

''

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B000:409\Applications\Windes2013]
"DESCRIPTION"="Windes2013"
"LOADCTRLS"=dword:0000000c
"LOADER"="C:\\ProgramData\\Autodesk\\C3D 2013\\enu\\Data\\Reports\\WinDES\\MDLink64.dll"

"MANAGED"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B000:409\Applications\Windes2013\Commands]
"MDIMPORTFILE"="MDIMPORTFILE"
"MDEXPORTFILE"="MDEXPORTFILE"
"MDIMPORTFILE"="MDIMPORT"
"MDRENAMEPIPES"="MDRENAMEPIPES"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B000:409\Applications\Windes2013\Groups]
"Windes2013"="Windes2013"

''

Assuming that the pipe network is correctly labeled (pipe branches 1.000, 1.001,1.002 etc) it will export a text file which can be imported into windes and modelled then the sizes, positions, levels and gradients of all pipework & manholes can be imported into Civil3d as a new pipe network or update an existing network.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 7 of 11
ScotBIM
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

There is something missing here - I have installed Civil3D 2014 on several workstations over the past month - all with the UK Country Kit and with the UK Productivity Pack, but as screen grab attached demonstrates the Microdrainage link (and other tools) is not there.

The install I am using is the T1 Enterprise Multi-flex version; Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D English 2014 Win 64

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

ScotBIM,

As I outlined in an earlier post, the Micro Drainage link has been removed from the UK and Ireland Country Kit for 2014.

It has been made available as a seperate product extension that can be downloaded and installed from http://subscription.autodesk.com

I hope this helps,

Mathew Webber

Micro Drainage Support

01635 582555

Message 9 of 11
ScotBIM

Mathew - found it now, I assumed that all the "extensions" were package up with the 2014 Productivity pack, not as seperate downlaodable files.

Cheers.

Message 10 of 11
imranfaiz87

How do i get that link,,i need UKi Kit For Civil 3d 2014
Aami Butt
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: imranfaiz87

it was part of the subscription apps. I don't know if it still is as i haven't needed to use it for a while.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report