Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metric to Imperial

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
garrett.burgess
1673 Views, 5 Replies

Metric to Imperial

I am trying to import data points into Civil 3D 2015, the data was shot in Imperial but when imported it shows in Metric. Can anybody help me? I am a beginner at best and have been serching for a way for over 2 hours now. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I would imagine that you are using the metric version of Civil3d or using a metric template.

Civil3d alike autocad has units and if you import a point measured in feet you will get the value based on the current drawing units but importantly the autocad and civil3d units are not linked together.

To see the Civil3d units click on toolspace, settings tab, then right click the drawing title in the prospector and select drawing settings.

The units and transform tab will state which units you are using. Metric or Imperial (two types for imperial)

Ensure that you are using the correct units and try importing again.

This is simplified by using the Civil3d Imperial / metric shortcut.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 6

So, we called AutoDesk support and were informed that the student software link was a 'broken link'. I am now reinstalling from a new link hoping that this will fix the issue. Thank you for your prompt response!

Message 4 of 6
tverhoeks
in reply to: garrett.burgess

What is that link by chance? I just donwloaded the student version and it looks like its the metric version.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: tverhoeks

T,

You should have both Imperial and Metric. In Windows, click Start >> All Programs >> AutoDesk >> AutoDesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015:

Version.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 6
bethhas
in reply to: tverhoeks

I'm having the same problem. The student version I downloaded has metric only. I did check all programs and there isn't an Imperial version just the metric. I even got a download link from the Autodesk help and after several hours downloading/installing that I discovered it's exactly what I already had, metric only.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report