Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

METRIC SCALES

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
CADEngr2014
1081 Views, 3 Replies

METRIC SCALES

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2014.

I have converted a drawing file from imperial units and coordinates to metric units and coordinates using MAP 3D and defining a query to import imperial graphics to metric graphics.  When setting my viewport scale, I have followed all advice from previous posts.  My scale is 1mm paper space=5 m model space which equates to 1:5000 metric.  And plots and scales properly.  However, my metric scale (which I never use, inherited from someone) shows a scale of 1:50.  How do I know this is correct, can someone confirm and maybe shed some advice on reading a metric scale?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: CADEngr2014

@CADEngr2014 wrote:

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2014.

However, my metric scale (which I never use, inherited from someone) shows a scale of 1:50.  How do I know this is correct, can someone confirm and maybe shed some advice on reading a metric scale?

Which "metric sale"? The one that count is the Viewport Scale.

vps.PNG

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
CADEngr2014
in reply to: AllenJessup

The metric scale I am referring to is an engneers metric scale.  Once I print out the CAD figure, the physical scale I use is 1:50.  But the viewport scale that works is 1mm=5m or 1:5000.  I realize that 1:50 on the physical scale means 50 increments to 1 m but not sure it makes sense to think that 1mm paper = 5m in model or 1:50 on a plastic scale.  What is the best way to confirm this?

Message 4 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: CADEngr2014

My plastic sale is at 1:500 but can be read as 1:5, 1:50, 1:500, 1:5000 simply by moving decimal points in your head. If you're unsure of what you're plotting. Either draw a 100 m line and Divide it into 20 segments or plot out an alignment with stations and see what you scale with the scale.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report